Sign in to follow this  
Barbs

Dash 8 DME

Hi Guys,An easy one for you. When flying with the AP slaved to the FMC, how do you display the distance to a VOR station without switching the AP over to that setting?ThanksGreg

Ok, but....When I select the FMS to guide the autopilot (by setting it up and pressing AP - AUX - NAV, the Advisory Display says "LNAV") the HSI display says "FMS1 XX.XNM", the distance to the next FMS waypoint (it may be a NDB or an intersection).I want to be able to tune the NAV1 radio into a VOR and read the DME to that station, not just the next waypoint in the flight plan.The only way I have so far managed to do this is to tune it in and switch the AP over to track the NAV1 radio instead of the FMS.I'm wondering if there is a way to select the NAV1 radio as your DME source and remain on FMS guidance?ThanksGreg

Ok,Once I have tuned the NAV radio, how to I then view the DME to that station without taking it out of LNAV mode?

Hi,Thanks John.While I initially was still unsure from your last post I just tried something out and I am now able to see the DME to the VOR. I was not aware that you could select between AUX and V/L without pressing the NAV button and this would change the display without affecting the autopilot.

Hello,Well, I still can not manage to see the distance TO or FROM NAV1 (VOR).When AUX is engaged I have no problems to see the distance to the next waypoint. But when V/L, the display only shows "NAV1" with not distance.RegardsMaikel

Hi,Forget about my last post.I found a problem in the scenary of LEBL but now it is fixed.I can see now DME to NAV1Thanks and RegardsMaikel

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.