Sign in to follow this  
Guest rds_mcleod

Dash 8 Electrical issues

Guest rds_mcleod

I've got some electrical problems with the Dash8. I've done a clean re-install of the software and the liveries. I boot up with a clean generic FS9 twin with the engines running, lights and avionics are capable, and the liveries are available. My install pathing is correct, and the airplanes are there; however, when I load the Dash models I can load the Dash, but in a short period of time I lose electrical power. No radio, no lights and no way to power them up.I've checked that the generators are on, light switches are on, ask for my clearance, but by the time I'm ready to roll: no power for radio or lights still exist. I have the new FS9-1 patch but I see than no one else has a jet problem, but does anyone have a Dash8 issue like mine? In the meantime, my PMDG 737NG runs fine.Any ideas?Ron - CYEG

Guest Phoenix_7

have you tried re installing FSUIPCdelete the files FSUIPC.ini and FSUIPC.dllre install only FSUIPC.dll ver 3.40also sometimes deleting your default flight and re setting a new one can helpJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest rds_mcleod

>have you tried re installing FSUIPC>>delete the files FSUIPC.ini and FSUIPC.dll>>re install only FSUIPC.dll ver 3.40Actually, I just did pop a new copy of FSUIPC.DLL v 3.4 into the modules folder for ASky's new release, and I'm using the Beech default twin. I'll re-do both and let you know since the problem is also affecting the Airbuses.Thanks, John.Ron - CYEG

Guest rds_mcleod

Hello again, John:It's a no go on either the Buses or the Dash8. I get my clearances, taxi out and about 5-mins into the flight poof! no radios, no lights? Got me baffled. What about completely removing them from FS9 and start over?Ron - CYEG

Guest rds_mcleod

Hi, John:Yes I have the reg version of FSUIPC and had forgotten about the battery extension select. I've got that licked, but I have serious mouse blinking (in fact, unusable mouse) in the A319. I changed from non 3D mouse to plain, but no joy. Wasn't there a key combo that worked?The 320 and up doES not have these problems, and the A319 is a very tough bird to control at least on this system.ASUS P4PE Deluxe 800 FSBINTEL PIV 3(1M) 800Mhz GFORCE 5900 128XP PRO with FS92048 DDR400Thanks again,Ron - CYEG

If I may, I would like to ask a question about this topic. I have no problem getting the Dask 8 started and configured, but again I lose radios and lights not long into the flight. FSUIPC is current 3.40 and am using FS9.1 without any other issues. I do not have the extended battery option configured at present because FS9 does support generator recharging of the batteries whereas FS2002 did not.Is, in fact the issue here that what we have is actually an FS2002 aircraft and extending the battery life in FSUIPC the only resolution to this problem? Or is a true FS9 update in the works which will resolve this.For other reasons, I would prefer to leave FSUIPC as it is.Thanks very much.Ed GreenKCLThttp://www.panelshop.com/DEV.jpghttp://www.globecargo.org/images/VAA_Sen_captain.jpg

Guest Phoenix_7

setting your default flight with engines running and avionics on should solve the dead battery issuealso checking 'extend battery life' in FSUIPC will solve itthe Dash 8 was designed for FS2002, patched only for FS2004 with no updateswe have no plans to further update the Dash 8John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.