Sign in to follow this  
Guest JohnN

Program and/or Video Card Settings

Guest JohnN

Hi Guys,Little white, rectangular blocks keep showing up - and immediately disappearing - on my scenery and I can't seem to stop them. I'm sure I've screwed up my settings somewhere.I'm quite sure it is not my equipment because it's all brand new:ASUS motherboard/Intel 2.66 Gig, On board sound, 512 meg memory, ATI 9700Pro video, and LCD primary monitor - SVGA secondary.So, if any of you have any thoughts on this, I'd certainly appreciate hearing from you.Regards, John

John; Just a shot in the dark, but it could be the LCD monitor not responding fast enough? What's the max res on that monitor? Where are you running you card settings?? I run with 4xAA & 16xAF all high quality and lock the frames around 20 and max out the sliders and check all the boxes in the settings menu.

Guest JohnN

Thanks for responding mgbottled, but it was "none of the above". After a couple of hours with Microsoft Tech's help and a re-installation, everything is back on track.With the new installation, I got rid of a lot of add-on stuff that prevented my utilizing the "Autogen" feature (which was causing the white blocks).I don't know which download was the culprit, but it wasn't the ATI Pro 9700 nor any program/video card settings because with the clean installation, I can now see forever and no blocks.I'm now in the process of adding back my known OK downloads (METEO, FSNavigator, and my Vertual Airline planes). This whole experience has given me second thoughts about some of this gratuous download stuff, particularly scenery.John