Sign in to follow this  
Guest jgcomp

Dash 8 - Taxi speed

Guest jgcomp

After much searching and trials to no avail, I now feel compelled to ask. How does one control the taxi speed of the PSS Dash 8? I currently use the throttle lever on my joystick (Microsoft Forcefeedback 2). I can easily get the aircraft to move slowly at first but it gradually gains speed as it progresses along the taxiways until I slightly decrease the joystick throttle. But then the aircraft slowly comes to a stop. And I have to redo the process. I can seem to find a happy medium where the aircraft will taxi at a constant and reasonable speed. I also use the A319,320,321, A330/A340 with great success. Actually these seem to control themselves without any help from me after I get them moving slightly, i.e., increase the joystick throttle slightly until the aircraft moves and then bring the throttle lever back.Thanks for answersJean-Guy

Guest jgcomp

Please amend the sentence "I can seem to find a happy....." to read "I CANNOT seem..."sorry for that typo.Jean-Guy

Guest nikonman

Hello,I had the same problem with my Dash. However this has to do with Power and Condition Lewers. It would be too long to explain it all here but you may want to read this very good article about it: http://www.swedflight.com/addons/guide_to_...to%20turboprop'It also explains the correct take-off settings and answers the problem of Dash taking off like a rockett!Hope I helped a bit!Nikonman

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.