Sign in to follow this  
Guest stang

PSS Insert. What's Up?

Guest stang

Hi all. It has been about a week and a half since I uploaded my PSS Insert program. There has been almost 500 downloads but I have not gotten any feedback about the program. Is it working? Is it not working? Is it easy enough to use? Does it need other features? Anyone?RegardsTerry

Guest sb55mv

Hi Terry.I hope you don't get too upset with me, but I don't even understand what this program is for matey.can you give this to us in 'noddy' language please, and tell us exactly what it does please.thanksSteve.

Guest stang

Hi Steve. I don't want to seem obnoxious here but did you read the "read this" file that came with PSS Insert? I ask because if you did and you still don't know what it does then I need to rewrite that file.Here's a short version though. Here's the problem. There are three sources of SIDs/STARs for the PSS aircraft. The dataset that came with the plane, the dataset I provide (http://home.sw.rr.com/filesherenow/index.html) that is developed from DAFIF data and individual sets developed by other PSS users. Unfortunately the PSS SID or STAR database is one file each that is in alphabetical order by ICAO. If you only use the dataset that came with the plane then nothing further is needed but if you want to add new SIDs/STARs to that original database, either from my offering or from other users, then you have to use an editor and insert each SID or STAR in alphabetical order. My program, PSS Insert, does that insertion automatically for you. Feed it the name(s) of your source files and it will insert them into the original or master SID/STAR database.RegardsTerry

Guest vrandar

In fact there is a fourth source for SIDs and STARs for the PSS which is the AIRAC service from www.navdata.at which is probably where most pilots get their updated AIRACs from. It has included the PSS SID/STAR database since July this year (pic attached).

Guest stang

Hi Rob. Well yes and no. I guess I could have been more specific and have said that navdata.at is a fourth source but that is misleading. It is only the place where most all 3rd party developers upload their work. At this point navdata.at does not produce new SIDs/STARs. All navdata.at does, as I understand it, is on a frequent basis consolidate the uploaded files and then add them to the PSS AUG 2002 database by Prabal Gosh, which is the one you get with the PSS planes. It is that consolidated file that is downloaded with the AIRAC database. I am beginning to believe that users mistakenly think that all the SIDs and STARs in that file are new when it is actually a mixture of the old and uploaded 3rd party developer SIDs/STARs. I do not want to sound negative though. This is a good service navdata.at is providing. It sure helps those that want all the 3rd party SIDs/STARs as it is a real pain to have to insert them into that Aug 2002 database. RegardsTerry

Guest merchant

>Hi all. It has been about a week and a half since I uploaded>my PSS Insert program. There has been almost 500 downloads>but I have not gotten any feedback about the program. Is it>working? Is it not working? Is it easy enough to use? Does>it need other features? Anyone?>>Regards>TerryI input the filenames but nothing happens. Where does the program look for the data file to insert into the PSS data files or must the pathname be specified as part of the filename?Thanks in advance.Ulysese

Guest stang

Hi Ulysese>I input the filenames but nothing happens. Where does the >program look for the data file to insert into the PSS >data files or must the pathname be specified as part of >the filename?I responded to your message 2 days ago but I see it didn't show up so I'll try again.PSS Insert looks for all files in the folder it is installed in so no pathname is required. Hence it will look for your input files in the PSSNavData folder. For more information about the install and use of PSS Install please read the "Read This.txt" file that came with the program.If the "Read This.txt" is not clear please let me know what parts are not understandable as I am interested in improving it's contents also.RegardsTerry

Guest merchant

>Hi Ulysese>>>I input the filenames but nothing happens. Where does the >>program look for the data file to insert into the PSS >>data files or must the pathname be specified as part of >>the filename?>>I responded to your message 2 days ago but I see it didn't>show up so I'll try again.>>PSS Insert looks for all files in the folder it is installed>in so no pathname is required. Hence it will look for your>input files in the PSSNavData folder. For more information>about the install and use of PSS Install please read the "Read>This.txt" file that came with the program.>>If the "Read This.txt" is not clear please let me know what>parts are not understandable as I am interested in improving>it's contents also.>>Regards>TerryMy mistake. I did not install the program to FS04PSSNavData folder. Everything is working now.ThanksUlysese

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.