Sign in to follow this  

I have a good one but is thrustmaster comparable?

B000056Q18.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpgAnyone use this or like it? It's the Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner.Please! comments!We currently have the MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 but are looking for a better throttle and thought the above unit would be better. Comments?

I looked at this set-up at CompUSA the other day, Nice look and feel but not very many buttons. I personally like the Saitek X36/X45 line up better but thats just my opinion.RegardsPaul:-cool

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

I have that, the II version. Nice programming software with non-linear axes, there is a rocking button on the throttle for rudder. Using the shift function I got enough buttons, 6 on your left hand. The throttle has 3 positions. The first one I use to engage the reverses (but time to time I have to calibrate it in FSUIPC, it's tricky), the other two positions for power so it's kind strange to go between position 2 and 3 in progressive power, never found a way to program the 3rd position for TO/GA. Never used the joystick for rudder since I have pedals.Jos

I bought this product a year ago and I think its ideal, its well paired with the PSS Airbus Pro. I you set the buttons on the throttle to ne the + and - and the one on the front of the throttle to Reverse, it ain't that different to the real thing! The joystck is also very comfortable in the hand and you can stiffen or loosen the controls as you wish. Make sure you "fasten" the throttle down its fairly stiff and has a habit of slipping on the surface and dont use the rudder on the throttle!My only problem was the software, a real bugger caused me all sorts of problems, not the easiest to understand but I persevered!I say but it.

Hmm, the throttle does not allow a gradual change in power?? Just 3 positions? Other than that and the fact that it does not have many buttons, it is OK?? That now that you guys brought up these points, I will have to go to COMP USA again and check it out!Horizon 2002, I coulnt understand certain things you wrote . Were there a few typos? You wrote, " I you set the buttons on the throttle to ne the + and - and the one on the front of the throttle to Reverse, it ain't that different to the real thing!" Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

Sorry, bad English, the throttle allows gradual change and it has 3 detent position wich you can feel when you make the excursion.I agree with Horizon, I use it on the Airbus and like it.Jos

My apologies for my errors in grammar, sometimes in my haste to help my fellow simmers I miss a few letters out!To sum up, the throttle has the full range of power settings but in the case of the PSS Airbus I set the buttons on the throttle to + and - to control the various detents.If you fly the Airbus (I have 213 hours on it) then there isn't a better combination on the market currently. Great for the Falcon 4.0 too!