Sign in to follow this  
Guest C17SimGuy

Page file revisited? (Specifically with dash 8)

Guest C17SimGuy

Hi guys,I've been trying to fly a flight with the Dash 8 from CYYZ to CYTZ, but have not been able to complete one yet. Every time I'm enroute, I get a dreaded CTD and the following error (see picture):http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/94959.jpgI noticed that the page file is again around 1.7GB and all of my RAM is used up (all 1G of it!) after only a few minutes of flying. Is there something I missed regarding the Dash 8 and high page file use? I've flown a couple of flights with the old ABPro series and haven't had the same issues, in just as crowded areas in FS. (KBOS to KLGA, with 100% traffic, real weather, megascenery, etc. . .) I'm bummed, because the Dash is one of my favorite aircraft! Regards from Southern California,DrewKLGB/KSNA/KLAXP.S.Here's my system specs: WinXP Pro SP2FS9.1FSUIPC 3.4 (Registered)P4C 3.4 (478 Northwood)Asus P4C-800 Delux Mobo BIOS 1017ATI Radeon 9800XT 256M w/ Catalyst 4.9 + 8.07 Beta patch1G Corsair XMS PC3700Plenty of HDD space (120G free on 2 HDDs)etc. etc. etc.Hope someone can help! :D

Guest Phoenix_7

if you have an older install these texture files will be in the FStexture folderpropdash8.bmpPSSDH8GAUGE_L.bmpPSSDHC8_l.bmpPSSDHC8_l2.bmpPSSDHC8_l3.bmpPSSDHC8_l4.bmpPSSDHC8_l5.bmpPSSDHC8gen_l.bmpPSSDHC8gen_t.bmpPSSDHC8pan_l.bmpPSSDHC8pan_t.bmpPSSDHC8vc_l.bmpPSSDHC8vc_t.bmpthis was the cause of the pagefile problemthe new installer places those files in FSPSStexturecheck to see where yours are?John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest C17SimGuy

That's it! I had textures all over the place. It seems to have fixed it thus far. :-) Thanks!! -drew

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.