Sign in to follow this  

No Hope for Decent Framerates in Wilco Airports

The following kickbutt system was built from scratch at a cost of $1,200. The machine is dedicated to FS2002 Pro and NO other programs are loaded. All reasonable preload Win2000 services disabled. Why this brute force? To get decent frame rates at the Wilco airports. Well, there is no hope folks. With all sliders maxed and everything checked that would affect framerates the best the kid could get was 12. TWELVE fps!!!!!! With one of the most powerful systems you can put together, this is all you can get unless you back off the sliders.However, the rest of the FS2002 world is beautiful. SMOOOOOOTH. The USA Boston Scenery was awesome. I had to lock dowm the framerates at 30. This made the textures kickbutt. Happiness at last.Benchmark 3d 2001 250 framerateD845PESV mobo 1,047 KB RAMGForce 4 Ti 4600EIZO 21 inch moniter 120hz mode rate at 1280 x 960 res trucolor120 G HDWin2000 OS

Guest Lobaeux4

What processor are you running? I've got an AMD 2400 XP,with a Gigabyte GA7VAXP mobo, PC2100 512 RAM and a GeForce 3 ti 200 and I'm getting very decent frame rates with Wilco's vol 3. I'd have to say they are very comparable in 'look' to Simflyers or the best freeware stuff, and they're better than Simflyers on frame rates. SeaTac looked very good (I thought) and although Dallas-Fort Worth is one of the benchmark's for add-on airports, I get almost half the number of frames for KDFW than I did for KSEA. I was averaging high 14's (locked at 15) taxiing around KSEA, with KDFW, I'm getting 8-9's. I flew into Berlin Tegel today from Heathrow, was getting around 11-12 out of Heathrow (Gary Summons' terrific London Airports) and around 12-13 at Tegel, dipped once down to 8-9 on approach (think it was the Autogen). I'm very happy with vol 3, was thinking of finding vol 1 and 2, but just for KJFK, EDDF, KMIA, KBOS, and KORD. The other airports I already have fine examples for.Lobaeux

God, I am getting old. I forgot to list the 3.1 G processor.

Guest Lobaeux4

WOW! With that processor you should be getting very decent frame rates at these airports. Do you still have all the statics installed? I've seen other posts that said what really brings the frame rates down are the static aircraft.Lobaeux

Hi,I have a AMD 2100 XP, but I also get a very low fps (below 10) at these airports. Landing is impossible (especially if you are a fan of real weather like I am). Turning down AI to from 100% to 20% help a bit, but still very stuttery.Perhaps a very dumb question: how can I remove the static aircraft. I can't remember that it was a option to turn it on or off during the installation. If this doesn't help for me, than I will trash the Wilco scenery and concentrate my flying in Germany (at least Aerosoft German Aiports do give me descent frames).Gerald

hi allwhat are Wilco testing it on,thats what i want to know.surely if its stuttering on 3.1ghz cpu,they must have had the same problem.how can it be released,if you have to delete parts of it ,to run it reasonably well.something not right about this,i for one am not buying it.. best wishes steve