Sign in to follow this  
Guest CD4000

Dash 8 and dual monitors

Guest CD4000

Hey folks, I am using a dual monitor setup, but I keep having problems. I fly in full window mode and sometimes when I go to it some of the windows (eg throttle quadrant) on my second monitor go behind the overhead panel. Can anybody please tell me 1 - how to move the panels in front/behind each other; and 2 - if you have to undock the windows everytime you want to fly?Thanks in advance.Craig.

Guest CD4000

After some experimentation into the early hours of the morning last night (today?), I am able to get consistent behaviour.Open FS in windowed mode from a default a/c, and then load the DH8C.Make sure FSUIPC does not prevent windows resizing and movingOpen the overhead, then undock and move it onto the second monitor.Open the main panel (Shift 1), and press space to re-centre the view.open the other panels, undock them, and move them onto the second monitor. Resize as required.ALT + ENTER to go to full-screen mode. The panels may have closed, but re-selecting them will open them on the second monitor.Save the flight, and then use it each time to go flying. It will require you to undock and move the panels each time you fly, but hey, that's what we're stuck with.A word of caution. Once the panels are set up it works from a saved flight, but I have had to open all the windows then move the overhead to the front sometimes. I have had it reverse the order of windows when going to full-screen on some occasions, hence my original post. Once a setup is working from a saved flight, it works every time.Craig.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.