Sign in to follow this  
hontzt

FMC Crash to Desktop

HI:Just purchased the Dash 8. Tried to load create a flightplan and FS9 crashes. I searched the forum and found that this is a problem. I was wondering if there is a solution to this or some kind of workaround. It would be a disappointment if I could not use this otherwise very nice aircraft because of this "glitch".Any help would be appreciated. v/rTodd Hontz

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

Sure. On the flightplan page on the first line I enter the ICAO identifier for the airport. In this case KBDL. I type the identifier then press ENTER. When I press enter FS9 crashes. I have the latest Airac cycle.regards,Todd Hontz

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

C-17A Globemaster III

There is no INIT page that allows the entering of departure and arrival airports on the Dash 8 that I am aware of. All you do is accept the current position. I think you are thinking of the Airbus.Regards,Todd Hontz

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

C-17A Globemaster III

Thanks for the help, but I have FS9 and the installer only supports FS200/FS2002. Any other suggestions?Regards,Todd Hontz

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

C-17A Globemaster III

Tried that, still crashin'. Also since the install of the Dash 8, my airbuses aren't working right either. I have various addons for flightsim none have had problems, except my buses and the Dash 8. I finally got the buses to work, but now they don't. I know little about programming, but I'm thinking there is an installer problem. Maybe I'm not getting required files. Just a thought. Also it is possible one of my addons could be the culprit. If anyone has had experience with other programs and the PSS aircraft, please let me know. This is quite frustrating because it works on other people's computers. If you could let me know if there are specific settings I need, please let me know. I currently have Gyro drift unchecked and the gyro realism settings slider all the way to the left. Regards,Todd Hontz

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

C-17A Globemaster III

Guest Phoenix_7

a few things to checktry deleting FSUIPC.ini and FSUIPC.dll from the modules folderre-install only FSUIPC.dllit can be downloaded at www.schiratti.com/dowsonmake sure your startup flight is set as per the instructions in the FAQtry deleting FS9.cfg, a new one is created when you restart FSJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Thanks. I will try these. I also heard that Active Camera could be a culprit as well. I will uninstall it as well, reinstall my buses and Dash 8. I'll let you know how it goes.v/rTodd Hontz

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

C-17A Globemaster III

Ok tried that still crashes. After checking the error report these files were the problem Pss-Dash8.gau, and dxdiag. I would like to focus on this dxdiag, what is it and can I replace it?v/rTodd Hontz

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

C-17A Globemaster III

Just did that still no luck. Microsoft had DirectX9b. That is what I currently am using. Still crashes. I guess the focus now goes to the gauge itself. Any suggestions.v/r Todd Hontz

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

C-17A Globemaster III

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.