hontzt

FMC Crash to Desktop

I operate WindowsXP

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

Guest Phoenix_7

all I can suggest is a complete re install og the Dash 8delete the files listed in the FAQre download the base installer from MY FILES at the Phoenix sitere run the base installerJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

OK...I did that still crashes right when i hit the "enter" key of the FMS. Here is what I'm seeing. The MS error report still tags the PSSDash-8.gau file. Here is my system specs:P4 2.4 GHz, WindowsXP, 512MB DDR RAMNvidia FX5950, 256MB currently using 61.34 Nvidia driversI'm running DirectX9bHere is the other FS programs I have:FS9Active Camera 2004PMDG737/600/700/800/900Ultimate TrafficFlight1, Meridian, Conquest 2Eaglesoft Hawker XP, Citation 10All Reality XPI also do not have any of the textures in the root texture directory of FS9 as shown in the FAQv/rTodd Hontz

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

C-17A Globemaster III

Guest Phoenix_7

there are no textures in the FS2004texture folderhere is the listDash 8******supported in either FS2002 or FS2004FS200xAircraftPSS Dash8FS200xGaugesPSS-Dash8.gauPSS-Dash8Q.gauFS200xPSSDASH 8FS200xPSSNavdataFS200xPSSTexturepropdash8.bmpPSSDH8GAUGE_L.bmpPSSDHC8_l.bmpPSSDHC8_l2.bmpPSSDHC8_l3.bmpPSSDHC8_l4.bmpPSSDHC8_l5.bmpPSSDHC8gen_l.bmpPSSDHC8gen_t.bmpPSSDHC8pan_l.bmpPSSDHC8pan_t.bmpPSSDHC8vc_l.bmpPSSDHC8vc_t.bmpJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

OK got all of those... Ny theory as to why it crashes? v/rTodd Hontz

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

C-17A Globemaster III

What video drivers do you use?v/rTodd Hontz

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

C-17A Globemaster III

Thank you ...but i uninstalled FS9 completely, deleted all files. reinstalled DirectX9. Installed the buses and the Dash 8. All are working as advertised. I still have not installed my other addons yet. I do want to find out if there is a problem with other addons. I've installed all addons except for Ultimate traffic and my sceneries. I will keep you posted, since a lot of issues people are having could be related, if they are using the same programs I am.v/rTodd Hontz

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

C-17A Globemaster III

Todd,I have the same problem, I told it into this forum but noone could help me, if you have news, could you tell me on this forum???thank you

Todd,Make sure that you only install one add-on at a timethen leave it for a week or two or longer, while constantly flying.Otherwise you have no hope of eliminating most of thevariables. I test rigorously after any single cfg change.Peter Sydney Australia

Yes... So far I installed each addon one at a time. I would do a few flights, test autopilot, install different airac cycles. So far all is well. I've installed Ultimate Traffic (UT) for FS9. So far so good. I've have not reinstalled the following...Simflyers scenery, fly sceneries, and RealityXP guages. I'm waiting to see how things go. The only thing I woulds say is if you have multiple addons be sure to reboot your computer even though many do not require it. In addition if you use UT be sure to backup your current version of FSUIPC per the instructions on their website.I will keep you up to date when I install the other things. I hope we can get you flying. v/rTodd Hontz

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

C-17A Globemaster III

Thanks for the advice I will do that with the remainder of the addons. So far things are running well. I will test run the Airbuses a few more times. v/r Todd Hontz

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

C-17A Globemaster III

any news to solve this problem???????it is from many months that I have this problem and noone told me the solution......FMC on dash8 crashes fs2004 when I try to load a flightplan from fs2004 or from saved plan on FMC and I really do not understand it happens...I read I am not alone to have this problem....someone could help me???thanks

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.