Sign in to follow this  
Guest comradesniper

repainting Dash 8

Guest comradesniper

i downloaded the repaint kit (blank texture, rather) from the PSS website. i have made a repaint in Paint shop Pro, and have managed to get it in FS2004. i use DXTbmp to convert the texture. what i dont understand is that the texture appears blurred in FS2004, unlike the professional textures. this is obvious by the joins on the tail-end of the fuselage. on the professional repaints, the joins are clear, but on my repaints, they are blurred and almost impossible to make out.am i using the wrong conversion in DXTbmp? or am i editing the texture wrong?

Guest john knowles

I noticed the same problem. Using Paint-shop pro 9, FS9, Could it be the are G-max types?The problem can be partly resolved by adjusting the settings/display/texture size options but that does'nt explain why they seem blurry at lower res when the others don't.Anybody got any ideas?

Guest Butterfly.com

Hi , Where can I find the Dash-8 Paint-Kit ?Looking forward to your answer.Kindest regards ,Tom.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.