Sign in to follow this  
Thanos68

Dash 8 freezes FS

Greeting PSS,thanks for all patches and efforts. Just fired up -8 after a 3 hour dial up dload. Followed the rule to start after loading a default aircraft but 2-3 seconds after loading, either outside view or panel view, fs freezes and needs an end task. Deleted all pss related files as per relative post before dload. No problem with other addons or default aircrafts. Running FS9 on a Ti4200 with nvidia 53.03, on XPPRO sp1 fully updated... Sorry for not being able to troubleshoot it more. Any direction or indication on the culprit here?Any and all help will be appreciated...RegardsThanos Anogiatis

===============

✈️ Thanos Anogiatis ✈️

(A Greek in KSA)

Just to add some extra info....Actually after around 30 seconds of fs not responding, fs is again alive (screen redrawn, gauges alive) for 4-5 seconds and then freezes again for 30 or so .... There is definitely a patteern here...I rolled back to 52.16 with no results...Seems independent of the driver. Via task manager the mem usage is 356 M for fs and I have 1 Gb installed.Also deleted fs9.cfg and let it rebuild. if this can help running on a P4 3 Ghz on a gigabyte mobo...Oh well, my wife is sending me shopping now....ThanksThanos Anogiatis

===============

✈️ Thanos Anogiatis ✈️

(A Greek in KSA)

Guest dward

Hej I'm having exactly the same problem. Also on a P4 3GHz, but with a radeon video cardyoursDavid Ward

>Hej >I'm having exactly the same problem. Also on a P4 3GHz, but>with a radeon video card>>yours>David WardDavid,glad I am not alone but sorry there are at least two of us .....I wiil try to delete and reinstall maybe although I hate it due to my dial up...Just for the record...A320 looks fine with the suggested cfg edits (but not without them).A330 has just been dloaded an d I am off to checkregardsThanos

===============

✈️ Thanos Anogiatis ✈️

(A Greek in KSA)

Keep answering to myself here.redownload did not work. also went back to 40.72 drivers as per the site -8 faq. still getting the periodic freeze...I have sent the thread to John @ support for ideas.319,320,321,330,340 are all OK (with the known cfg edits)Could really use your suggestions here.... Anyone else having the same strange problem???? x( regardsThanos Anogiatis

===============

✈️ Thanos Anogiatis ✈️

(A Greek in KSA)

I'm having the same problems too. Its around descent. The error message in Win XP says its the PSS-Dash8.gau or PSS-Dash8Q.gau (depending on which aircraft I fly). Quits to Desktop and restarts FS9. Rob

Rob Sciarrino

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Exactely the same.AMD 3000+ NVIDA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra and 1 GiG Ram. Seems as thought Airbus works OK

Well, it seems that it is a gauge error and not a system configuration error. At least I can stop messing with my system...PSS can you tell us if you are looking into this? I understand your priorities and thank you for bringing your planes into the new platform but it will be useful to know if there is an investigation of any scale.Once again thanks a lot.Thanos Anogiatis

===============

✈️ Thanos Anogiatis ✈️

(A Greek in KSA)

Guest Jake Grafton

I had a problem with freezing around every ten seconds. This was caused by not having the "Computer Browser" service running in XP.This any help? - Jake>Could really use your suggestions here.... Anyone else having>the same strange problem???? x( >>regards>>Thanos Anogiatis

Well I removed all the old guages and aircraft. De-installed all PSS products. Re-installed FS9 then re-installed PSS Dash 8. Unfortunately as soon as I changed to spot plane view everything froze. Only occurs with this aircraft so it is a Dash 8 problem. Hope PSS has a solution otherwise the aircraft is unusable.

Jake thanks but it didn't do the trick...It was already running but just for the sake of it I also stopped the service with no luck....-8 is still in the hangar so I think it is down to PSS to deal with it....Am I right friendly PSS support ????Best RegardsThanos>>I had a problem with freezing around every ten seconds. This>was caused by not having the "Computer Browser" service>running in XP.>>This any help? - Jake>>>>Could really use your suggestions here.... Anyone else>having>>the same strange problem???? x( >>>>regards>>>>Thanos Anogiatis>

===============

✈️ Thanos Anogiatis ✈️

(A Greek in KSA)

Has anyone sent an e-mail to PSS support? I know they are probably really really backed up since the patches went out and the DOS attacks on the servers. Just curious to see if anyone heard anything. So far the Airbus 330 works great! The Dash is perfect until Descent/Approach.Rob

Rob Sciarrino

Guest Phoenix_7

I cannot duplicate any freezes with the dash8in fact I find it flies best of all the productsMy system is a P4-2.8 w/ 1024 sdram, GeForce4 Ti 4600 w/53.03 driverswinXP fully updated, directx 9.0bHave you tried deleting FS9.cfgThat can cure alot of problemsJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

John,>I cannot duplicate any freezes with the dash8>in fact I find it flies best of all the productsThat's why I am keep trying :-)>My system is a P4-2.8 w/ 1024 sdram, GeForce4 Ti 4600 w/53.03>drivers>winXP fully updated, directx 9.0b>>Have you tried deleting FS9.cfg>That can cure alot of problemsHas been tried with no success, sorry. I also detached my second monitor. I still have ~5 seconds of activity and around 30 of fs frozen on my screen with only the sound of the engines coming up.I noticed on task manager that for every cycle of activity the mem usage of fs9.exe is increasinga little bit. Starts from 38mb and goes up till 170Mb as I am writing this with increments of ~25 mb. There it is more or less stable. When the freeze is happening there is no mouse on the fs window (as the fs task is inactive). By the way now at around 175Mb the freezing time has increased up to 2 minutesIs there anything you would like me to monitor to help you assist me? a log file that I could create? an option at winxp to debug a process? is there a debugging tool? sth that you have created in order to monitor performance?I honestly do not believe it is the system or a configuration, all the buses are ok, other payware is ok so there must be sth really wrong here.John systems very similar here,P4-3, 1024, geforceti4200 128, 5303,XPSP1...,directx 9.0b....Regards,Thanos>>>John >PSS SUPPORT>support@phoenix-simulation.co.uk>>http://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg>>>>

===============

✈️ Thanos Anogiatis ✈️

(A Greek in KSA)

Excellent, worked for me. The gauges load up on the 800Q with no problem and no lock ups. Thanks PSS love the aircaft.Rob

Rob Sciarrino

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.