Sign in to follow this  
Thanos68

Dash 8 freezes FS

Did not for me. Re-install - totally clean with no old files. still no luck.

John,I would just like to say that the problem still remains.I also changed my nvidia card for an ATI one (it was scheduled before -8 problem). Latest catalyst drivers and XP fully updated.I am still having the same problem of this periodic freeze.Is there sth that can be done or further examined?Pls let me know.Also if others have cured it let us also all know.Thanks and Best Regards,Thanos Anogiatis

===============

✈️ Thanos Anogiatis ✈️

(A Greek in KSA)

Guest d809dp

I've got exactly the same problem - FS crash when I go into spot view. I'm using an old FSUIPC (2.9) and the airbus etc all work fine.... Any ideas, PSS?Tom

Guest Phoenix_7

few things to checkmake sure your winXP is updated using the update facilitymake sure you have directx 9.0btry the 56.72 nvidia driversif you are using the no CD crack, some have reported it can cause problemsJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest d809dp

Thanks for your reply, John. I appear to have solved the problem by removing Active Camera. Maybe some of the others could try this and report back?Thanks again,Tom

Interesting... I have similar problems and I have Active Camera as well. I will try removing AC2004. And install direct X 9b. We'll see what happens.v/rTodd Hontz

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

Guest NickOg

Having JUST rebuilt my system partly because of Dash 8 freezes, it has done it again! My problem is that FS freezes, then recovers but runs impossibly slowly without sound. I have run dxdiag and I get this on the sound tests.DirectSound test results: Failure at step 17 (Play): HRESULT = 0x80004005 (Generic failure)I am using Directx 9.0c - as directed from Widnows Update. Sound is off a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz and as far as I am aware the latest nvidia drivers. Is there some problem with 9.0c? Any other ideas? I need to reboot to get sound back again!Nick

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.