Sign in to follow this  
Guest bugsmasher

PSS DASH 8 300 will not load

Guest bugsmasher

I am having a problem getting my Dash 8 300 and Q300 to load in FS2002. My operating system is WIN98SE , I have the gdiplus.dll (version 5.1-3097.0 dated August 29 2002)installed ,and I have tried version 2.8 and 3.2 of FSUIPC , also no FSUIPC , all with the same result. THIS AIRCRAFT ALWAYS USED TO RUN PERFECTLY! Then one day , I got the dreaded "Cannot load 3rd Party Software PSS DH8 300 gau" message , which effectively freezes Flightsim. Also , my PSS 747-400 now will not run if any version of FSUIPC is installed. THIS AIRCRAFT ALSO USED TO RUN PERFECTLY. I have tried uninstalling/re-installing both aircraft , with no luck. I have gone back through this forum , sorted through thousands of messages to try and find an answer , tried the suggested fixes , read the FAQ, still no joy. Why does my PSS DH8 gau file not load , and how can I fix it so that it does ? Why will my 747 not run with FSUIPC installed , and how can I get it to work as it used to? I need FSUIPC to fly online , and have Real Weather downloading while I fly. I have flown hundreds of hours in both aircraft , recommended to my friends in the Virtual Aviation community to buy your products , and I miss these 2 aircraft!! Please help !!Ross

Guest bugsmasher

G'day John , It is located in the System32 folder in Windows. Thank you for your quick reply!Ross

Guest bugsmasher

I once again tried removing the DH8 and re-installing it , and I checked the gdiplus.dll version number just now , it is now showing version 5.1-3097.0 (xpclient.010817-1148). I hope this may be of some further help to you.Thanks again, Ross

Guest bugsmasher

G'day John , I cut and pasted the gdiplus.dll file from System32 into the main FS folder , and had the same error message " Unable to load 3rd party software" etc. I then had to use CTRL/ALT/DELETE to get out of flightsim.Ross

Guest Phoenix_7

is your version of win98 fully updated using the windows update facilityare you using the latest version 9.0b of directxare your video card drivers fully updatedJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest bugsmasher

G'day John , Yes , windows is fully up to date (except for the IE6 update , it caused my machine to crash) , I have DirectX 9.0B , and ATI Driver version 7.94. This problem manifested itself immediately after FSUIPC 3.2 asked for a registration key. I purchased thelatest version of FSUIPC , and registered it. Same result.Prior to this , everything was fine. I also have a friend who is experiencing the same problems. If you are unable to diagnose this problem , I may have to re-format (YUK!) , and reinstall windows , and if that does'nt work , FS as well. I appreciate very much the time you have taken over this problem,Ross

Guest Phoenix_7

sounds like something is wrong with your operating system if the IE6 update causes a crashall I can suggest is s re installJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.