Sign in to follow this  
wrenchca

dash 8 FMS crashes to desktop

This could quite likely be related to the Black Screen crash thread listed below. However, they are not able to reproduce that one so no resolution is likely to be found. Perhaps if they can recreate your problem, it may be caused by the same glitch which is crashing other systems.Good luck,ChuckCYXU

Hi,Again a hint for the solution of this annoying problem to the PSS guys tracking this problem (I hope so): I have in the meantime a new (much stronger) system, installed the PSS Dash-8 completely new but I have the same problem: When I use the menu function to list airways to enter several route points at once, this CTD happens at least at the second usage of this function. Last time I lost 20 minutes of flight preparation in EDDF. I had entered the route EDDF to LOWW (NOMBO2S NOMBO Y161 RIDAR L605 EGG M749 FRE FRE5W) at the gate. Then after conducting the whole startup procedure online at VATSIM I taxied out and the controller decided to give me a new departure. So I cleared the route and entered the flightplan from scratch at the holding point. CTD and I had to start from the gate again. You can imagine, that I was not very happy.So avoid using airways - enter the waypoints manually. This reduces (for me) the risk for the CTD. Please tech stuff at PSS: look for this. It's obvious, that I am not the only one. I have the latet AIRAC from Navdata.RegardsReinhardPS: Default flight as proposed ...

Guest guyber

It appears I have the same problem.When I try to retreive a stored flightplan from the FMS there is instant black screen and CTD. Never had this issue previously, however I haven't flown in several months.Any pointers appreciated.Thanks,Guy

Hi,Yesterday I had another CTD concerning the FMC. I was on a flight from LOWW to LOWS. When I was on the approach to LOWS I wanted to tune the NAV1 frequence of the ILS via the FMC tune button.And again: The annoying CTD and my flight was killed.Very very annoying and no patch so far. Dear Phoenix team: Please make a code review of your FMC.RegardsReinhard Brantner, AUA668

I, for one agree with Reinhard. Please look into a code review. I purchased this package to run specifically on FS9. It was stated on the Phoenix site that it was compatible with FS9. However, I have flown it very little due to the possiblity of a crash to desktop. I posted here looking for support but no one at Phoenix seems to be able to recreate the crash. I also sent an email to Phoenix support, but with the exception of an automated reply that it was received, I had no reply from support(ignored?) Since purchasing this product, I have purchased three other payware aircraft, none of them where PSS...wonder why???You have an excellent product here that has alot of useful life left in it. Let's crack it open and find the glitch...please.ChuckCYXU

Guest tuck01

I've had this same problem as well and I've posted it before. Don't seem to get much help from PSS, seems like they can't fix it or just not interested in fixing it.Tuck

please, I am not able to load a fs2004 flightplan or own saved flightplan to FMS because simultanously fs2004 crashes to desktop...FMS read fs2004 plans or own saved plans, but indeed when I choose a plan and click on it, fs2004 crashes....I tried to reinstall the dash8 base and full pack, I tried to delete fs2004.cfg file and load fs2004...but problem persists....I used windows xp propIV 2.0 ghz, 1 gb RAM, geforce4 128 mb,bye

Guest Phoenix_7

the Dash 8 was released for FS2002it was then patched to work in FS2004since the Dash 8 we have released the 330/340 and Concorde packageat the present time we are 100% at work on th 757/777, we do not have the resources available to go back and patch what is now an older productall I can suggest is don't import plans, just create them new, if airways cause problems then enter direct waypointsJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

John,This is the first clear statement I received from Phoenix. Of course I am not very happy because I bought a product which obviously has some flaws and for which I currently get no support.Such a clear statement is not easy to accept from a customer perspective and each of us can deduct own consequences out of it - but it is definitely better than no statement.I love to fly this Dash but the FMC has problems. So I will live with that fact (as I have already paid the full price) but of course this will have impacts in future purchase decisions.RegardsReinhard

Guest tuck01

O.K. guess I was correct, the interest is not there to fix this problem, I just wish I knew about it before I purchased it. Tuck

I just got back into flying the Dash-8 again and thought I'd drop by this forum to see what's up. I noticed this thread and decided to pass on the fix for the crash to desktop when importing a flight plan into the FMC. I found the fix last August and see the fix thread fell through the cracks.The problem is a zero byte file in the scenery folder called magdec.bgl I found it in

Guest NormanB

I honestly can't say if this works or not - I very rarely fly the Dash. What I will say though is that I wouldn't delete the file.magdec.bgl is the (scenery) file that gives magnetic variation around the globe.

>I honestly can't say if this works or not - I very rarely fly>the Dash. What I will say though is that I wouldn't>delete the file.>>magdec.bgl is the (scenery) file that gives magnetic variation>around the globe.Hi,On a clean install of FS9, no files exist in

Guest dschiffner

Helloi had this problem two times and after reinstall to. For the first two flight it is working fine. Then when i putting in the flightplan the system crashs when i put in the second waypoint.Maybe that will helps you. My PC try to ctc DirectX to send a failure message for that.I hope you can fix ... no you have to fix the problem as soon as poss.I also will ctc PC Pilot and FlightXPress the most leading Flight magazines for that.Your sincerelyDennis Schiffner-----------------FXP989, AUA690, BAW1246

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.