Sign in to follow this  
wrenchca

dash 8 FMS crashes to desktop

Dennis,That's exactly the same crashes I have got. I also see this relation to DirectX. As a hint: As long as I don't use airways but enter all waypoints directly I can avoid these crashes. But once I also had this crash entering a frequeny on the radio page. I have checked for the magdec.bgl as indicated in this thread but my installation is correct.So as a fact PSS doesn't really investigate in this bug and that's not fine. Me for my part I have decided not to buy any other plane as long as I can't see a support for an aeroplane I have fully paid. The Dash is really a fine plane with a lot of nice details but if it crashes my FS it is not my favorite plane.RegardsReinhard

Guest NormanB

Reinhard,Its not that we don't investigate, merely that I or others in PSS haven't been able to replicate it here.My guess, and its nothing more than that since I am not a fan of this type of aircraft, is that what you are seeing is an error in the airac. Please download the latest from www.navdata.at - I know for me in Airbus that I saw a similar issue with one of the airac releases when I tried entering the A1 airway.

Norman,Thanks for your answer which gives me a small hope, that there are possibilities to find the error. I have definitely the latest AIRAC available from www.navdata.at. But I have seen, that this is quite independent from AIRAC. I have tried it with each new cycle and with several routes. It happens, if I select airroutes via the list function. And it happens not with the first airway I select but with the second or third. Try to enter this route from LOWG to LFSB:KFT P978 VIW L608 KPT L856 AKABI UL856 HOC W102 BALIR Z59 LUMEL LUMEL8KI am quite sure, that you will get this CTD too. There was an older version of the gauge file, which had some other flaws in other areas. With this file you can enter this route without problems. The crash happens, when the FMC try to give the list of waypoints on this route.Perhaps you can find something with this information. If you need any system dump please provide information to me, what would be helpful for you.Best regardsReinhard

Hi to all, who hate these crashes too:As there is no solution in sight from PSS I have tried in the meanwhile the free FMC from http://fmc.scumari.nl/This FMC uses the PSS data and runs on my second computer via WideFS. And it works well together with the PSS Dash. So now I have at least a working FMC (which I also use in other aircrafts). I also have installed MovingMap from the same author. Nice tools and both are working without crashes to desktop.Best RegardsReinhard, AUA668

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.