Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agrajag

Dash 8 causing stutter? Please HELP!

Guest Agrajag

Guys,Due to problems with the new Squawkbox 3, I decided to take the big step of uninstalling everything and re-installing FS9 from scratch. I currently have FS9 plus the patch loaded.I then installed the Dash 8 and my US Air livery, which worked fine in the previous install and started up the sim. Understand that all the default aircraft are just fine. No stutters AT ALL. Everything is smooth as glass. However, once the Dash 8 loads, every few seconds I get a hard stutter. The stutter is consistent. It's every few seconds like clockwork no matter what I do. I tried render to texture on and off, different resolutions, uninstalling the plane and re-installing. I tried using my old FS9.CFG which has tweaks for terrain bandwidth and such. NOTHING is helping. Worse, once I start a session with this plane, ALL planes then do it until I quit and restart.Does anyone have ANY idea what's going on here? All I wanted was a nice bit of fun with SB3 and my beloved Dash 8 and now I can't get either.

Guest Phoenix_7

I would try deletingmodulesfsuipc.inimodulesfsuipc.dlldownload fsuipc fromwww.schiratti.com/dowsonre-install only fsuipc.dllJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest Agrajag

John,That didn't work. I removed my .INI file. The DLL is the current one from his site and I am registered (though not without the .INI in there).This is very frustrating.

Guest Agrajag

BTW, I also can't edit the load. The app runs but when I try to save it, it complains about some ActiveX problem.

Guest Agrajag

One last thing. The installer is doing something very odd.Before it installs the Nav Data, it goes and checks my hard disk and does that for upwards of 10 minutes! What's it looking for????

Guest Agrajag

Okay, I've gotten a bit further with all of this.On a hunch I checked the modules folder but found you don't put anything there. I then went to the panel and renamed panel.300 to panel.300.old just to see if the stutter was tied to anything there. Sure enough, the plane was flawless with it hidden. I then renamed it back and looked in Gauges and found PSS-Dash8.gau and renamed it. That also cured the stutter but of course that's no way to fly.The key then is, what's in this .gau file? Is there any chance of getting the independent gauges so I can find out which one is the problem and fix it? Perhaps it's an older FS2002 gauge?Any help would be appreciated.I also found a site that pointed me to a couple errors in the aircraft.cfg file. The big one is that max_number_of_stations=5 is incorrect. There are 6 stations (0 through 5) and this makes the plane not handle the loads right.

Guest Phoenix_7

here are the files that install with the Dash 8the .gau files are the main gauge files for the productI would suggest removing the files listed and doing a re-installFS200xAircraftPSS Dash8FS200xGaugesPSS-Dash8.gauPSS-Dash8Q.gauFS200xPSSDASH 8FS200xPSSTexturepropdash8.bmpPSSDH8GAUGE_L.bmpPSSDHC8_l.bmpPSSDHC8_l2.bmpPSSDHC8_l3.bmpPSSDHC8_l4.bmpPSSDHC8_l5.bmpPSSDHC8gen_l.bmpPSSDHC8gen_t.bmpPSSDHC8pan_l.bmpPSSDHC8pan_t.bmpPSSDHC8vc_l.bmpPSSDHC8vc_t.bmpJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest Agrajag

Thanks John.I've done several re-installs now and not getting anywhere fast. Why would the stutter disappear by hiding the main .gau file if it's not a problem with a specific gauge?

Guest Phoenix_7

reading the SB3 forum, this may help?delete these filesfsuipc.inifsuipc.dllfsuipc.keyfsuipc.txtre install and re register fsuipcJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest Agrajag

John,I tried that the first time you suggested it. No change. If I remove FSUIPC entirely and run the sim, there's no stutter but of course you can't fly that way. Too many things need FSUIPC. Remember, this was a clean install so initially the only FSUIPC there was the one installed by your installer. Removing and re-installing that puts the same version back there with no impact in the stuttering in the same way hiding the .gau file removes the stuttering.The mysteries of FS9 continue. The oddity is that this is not affecting any other planes and I've now added the Flight1 ATR and the PMDG 1900C.I don't get it. Oh, just in case, SB3 wasn't re-installed on this fresh FS9 install until this morning so it wasn't a factor. I'm also up to my 6th re-install of the plane itself.

Guest Agrajag

John,I want to get to the bottom of this so what can I do on my side to help find the issue?I'm most intrigued by the scenerio that removes the stutter by removing FSUIPC.DLL. Clearly there's some gauge or piece that interacts with FSUIPC that may be the source of the trouble. I've flown around with it this way and the only gauge I find that doesn't function properly without FSUIPC, so far, is the autopilot. It won't handle altitude settings properly. Other gauges all appear to function.Can you tell me what pieces of the plane talk to FSUIPC? If we can at least get this down to a single component, perhaps then solving it would be possible. As it is right now my choice is to abandon the plane and that I'd rather not do.

Guest Phoenix_7

the Dash 8 gauge structure is compiled into 2 gaugesPSS-Dash8.gauPSS-Dash8Q.gauseveral of the individual components use FSUIPC, I don't have the info on which onesas your problems seem to have started when you installed SB3?have you tried removing itother than that I have no idea why this would have suddenly startedperhaps try deleting the file FS9.cfgJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest Agrajag

John, as I said in the very first post. This problem showed itself with just FS9 and the 9.1 patch loaded and nothing else. I re-installed because of SB3 but didn't re-install SB3. I've since re-installed and re-removed it. None of that had any change on this problem.Guess what though. I just wiped FS9.CFG and it's not stuttering. Something in that file clearly is the culprit. I'll let you know if I found out what it turns out to be.

Guest ahs5070

When I connect in IVAO net and I active AP in few minutes the plane stall. I also think its a problem with FSUIPC.It is a pity not to fly in my favourite plane on line.The seller must write a advice in the software box. So you decide to buy or not to buy.I hope a solution in the future.Regards,Luis ChamizoSpain

Guest Agrajag

Luis, you're not alone. I just connected to VATSIM using Squawkbox 3. I took off, turned on the autopilot, climbed to about 6,000 feet and out of nowhere, the plane went into a stall where it dropped out of the sky like a rock.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.