Sign in to follow this  
protzler

Terminal procedures

Hi everyone.I've noticed that when I update to the latest nav cycle, it gives me the option to install the terminal procedures (SIDs/STARs). I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to load'em up in the FMC though! If someone could help, I'd be grateful.Thanks, - Paul

Guest Agrajag

John,This sort of thing is concerning. Page 15 of the manual, second paragraph says:"The FMS supports updateable database of real-word navigational aids, intersections, airways, airports, and SID and STAR procedures....... For the entered departure and arrival airport, a runway and a SID or a STAR procedure can be selected. These procedures will be flown as described in the navigation data base."Page 22 of the manual, at the bottom of the page says:"Once origin and destination airports are entered into the route, a SID and/or STAR procedure can be selected."ALL of page 23 is dedicated to explaining how to program and use SID and STAR procedures with the FMC.I do not understand why 3 pages explain, in depth, how this all works if the plane itself doesn't support this. This isn't the only thing in the manual that is claimed to be fully supported but, in reality, is not.Forgive me, but this sort of situation does not instill confidence in a customer. It comes off as a bit of a bait-and-switch process. We're told things are supported until we buy the product and then we're told in support that these features, touted in the manual (and some right on the website) are not actually supported.

Guest Phoenix_7

sorry I was thinking of something elsestart FSselect Dash 8select EGLL runway 09Lopen FMSclick FPLenter EGLL press 1, press enterpress MENUpress DEPARTenter 2 for runwaypress ENTERselect SID as shown on left sideJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.