Sign in to follow this  
Guest de_pilot

Nose High on appraoch

Guest de_pilot

Hey Guys, it took me a while to decide to purchase PSS dash 8, since i've been enjoying the "Fanda" My only problem so far is on the apporach, the aircraft tends to be in such a nose high attitude that it totally removes the forward view of the runway (120kts) 1/2 mile final. I 've had this problem before with and A300 and the solution to that was i was flying with too much fuel. I tried decreasing the fuel as much that i only had 10% in each tanks and still this didn't help. If this is a glitch let me know......and no, minimizing the screen doesn't work.Great Plane though!Sean

Guest Dash user

Nice!!The plane flyies correctly now!Thanks

Guest de_pilot

Ok guys, it's me again, forgive me if i seem like a crab or something, but i've been trying the fixes for some time now and nothing has changed in my dash 8, i still get a 5+ degree nose high on approach and a TQ setting of neally 70 to keep the a/c at 120kts and from stalling. I've saved everything into the aircraft cfg file, i've even unstalled and reinstalled. Now the only question that has poped in my mind right now is if fs2004 actually recognized the change, and it must have because i was prompted if i wanted to accept the changes made, it's just not working for me.....push comes to shove i'm willing to send my cfg file so someone can asses it for meSeande_pilot@hotmail.comI really like the a/c......

Guest de_pilot

Hi, for some reason my computer crashed and i had to reinstall the dash 8, i tried to get the file u sent for the aircraft cgf file but i'm unable to retrieve it, can u post it agian?ThanksSean

Guest de_pilot

Hi, thanks for the link for the dash 8 but i don't think the one u just posted is the correct one. That sill give me a 5degree nose up during cruise and nose too high on approach.If u look at the post, on may 17 2005 this file was posted by you http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/116957.zipthat file worked great, if u can send me that one or post it i would greatly appreciate itSean

Guest neeraj.pendse

John,Could you send me the file as well? I have the "lift_scalar=2.0" fix in my aircraft.cfg, but the landing approach is STILL too nose high for my Dash-8 (FS9.1). It's >5 deg nose up pitch at 120 kts, and I need it to be MUCH higher at 90 kts or so to the point the tail strikes if I attempt a full-stall landing.Normally I "fly it on" successfully, but the floating tendancy at higher speeds really elongates the approach.In addition, the Dash-8 feels a bit finicky on pitch ... some times it tends to do pitch oscillations.Any plans of releasing an FDE fix?- Neeraj.

I am having the nose high problem discussed in this thread and have tried the lift scalar=2.0 fix to no avail. I am unable to access this and the other links mentioned. Could you send me the replacement file? It would be much appreciated. (plowry@shaw.ca)Peter Lowry

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.