Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brisbane Bound

ATC Problems departing from Brisbane Australia

Guest Brisbane Bound

Wondering if any other Brissy locals have the same problem. After departing Brisbane on accent, ATC assigns you to a frequency change but when you take the available option from the ATC window it changes the radio to a completely different frequency. Although it then gives you the right options, the frequency you are now on is for the Maroochydore airport ATIS, and as this message loops you cannot repond to ATC requests. Eventually you get automatically punted to a VFR flight plan from an IFR flight plan. Sometimes I can weather it out to when I am out of range of the ATIS, but mostly it fails. Happpens on most flights out of Brisbane. Never had it happen on the included FS2004 aircraft only the Dash 8. I also suspect that if you do not obey ATC they crash your aircraft, but I have not proven this yet. Have had some bad stalls when climbing on-route after take off on AP. Sometimes I can save it by disconnect the AP and bringing the aircraft back under control.Any thoughts or help appreciated.Running FS9, with unregistered FSUIPCThanksStephan

Hi Stephan,This is a problem with the default frequencies in the Brisbane and Maroochydore AFCAD's. There is a replacement AFCAD available in the Avsim library called ybmc_bbq100.zip. Or do a search for YBBN under FS2004 AFCADs. This is a very annoying problem, especially if (like me) YBBN is your primary departure airport. By the way, it affects all aircraft.Warren

Warren

Guest Brisbane Bound

Warren,Thanks will give it go.RegardsStephan

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.