Sign in to follow this  
Guest de_pilot

Loss of altitude

Guest de_pilot

I'll repost this one.During turning the dash, well mines, looses about 500-800 feet in the turn with the auto pilot off. Now imagine doing this during a hold, now imagine what the auto pilot is going to do to regain the previous altitude....that's right shoot up like a rocket. Im familiar with the loss of lift in a turn but with the auto pilot on, im thinking that the computer would be working ahead to prevent this great amount of lossed altitude.feed back would be great

Guest Phoenix_7

not sure exactly what you are asking?I tried a 30 deg right turn using AP and HDG SEL, only lost about 12 ft altitudeJohnPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Guest de_pilot

12 feet? Not mines for sure. I just did a flight from St, Maarten to St croix and my turn for final at 1600' to intercept the localizer (45d degree turn) the a/c lost about 600'. My speed was 140. But whether my speed is 140 or 220 i keep loosing tremendous altitude, which again the auto pilot tries to correct by pitching the a/c up to regain altitude

Guest de_pilot

Ok, ................ill see how it goes. Just kinda strange that it happens when the auto pilot is connectedthanks anyway

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.