Sign in to follow this  
khallenb

Dash-8 system failures

Ok well this is probably just user error on my part but I thought I would check and see if anyone else has this problem:About 15 minutes after takeoff, my radios keep going out (both comms and nav). I have no fault indications on the annuciator display and all my electrical switches seem to be set normally. When I go to the FS9 menu and select Aircraft | Failures, I see on the Systems tab that Electrical system has a red checkmark in the Failed box. I tried turning it off (and also tried Reset Failures), but when I go back the the cockpit still no radios, and when I open the Failures dialog again, the Failed checkmark is back.I thought maybe somehow I had set up my Failures by accident and somehow saved them, so I tried starting a new flight and checking the Failures dialog before startup. No Failures are set (at this point all screens say Fail 0 systems and Failures Occur Between 0 and 0 minutes). I use Ctrl-E to startup, check all the overhead switches, takeoff, and about 15 minutes later the electrical fails again.I usually start with a cold dark pit and do a full manual startup, and have never had this problem before. Yesterday and today I was kind of in a hurry so I used the Dash-8 config panel utility to turn off cold and dark, and jumped in on the runway and did a Ctrl-E start. I'm starting to wonder if this is a problem with the Ctrl-E start sequence. Next time I have a chance I'll try going back to cold dark start and see if the problem goes away.Has anyone else had this problem?Thanks,Ken

Hi,Do you have switched on battery, generators, etc. according to the test flight ? Try a flight according to the enclosed checklist.RegardsReinhard

Guest cbarbas

HiI have exacly the same problem,even if make the check list as in manual.Thank you

Guest Niels_C

Strange,How about the batterylife option in FSUIPC?

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.