Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brisbane Bound

SIDs and STARs

Guys I am just getting into using SIDs and STARs and wanted to get confirmation of a couple of things.1. MSFS does not contain or come with any SIDs or STARs?2. Did the SIDs and STARs that are in the FMS come with the Dash 8 add on?3. Does MSFS recognise or utilise the SIDs and STARS when flying IFR and going through ATC?A couple of flight I tried using SIDs by programing them into the FMS and activating the AP (and selecting AUX NAV) after lift off did not work.Also do you need to have the NAV1 radio programmed to any VORs, DMEs or NDBs that it references in the SID part of the FMS flight plan.Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.ThanksBrissy Bound

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1. No2. Yes3. NoNAV1. NoI use to hate FMS/INS systems in FS. Then, after flying several hours in a CRJ700 & ERJ145 Simulator at FlightSafety, i now have a better understanding and want to use the aircraft in FS that has them.One thing i learned immediately, was that FS ATC does not use SID/STAR, so an FMS/INS can only be utilized to a certain extent.But if you fly on VATSIM, you'll be expected to use SID/STAR, which then having the FMS is fun to have...and will definately keep you busy.

Sign in to follow this