Sign in to follow this  
Guest DaveI

Dash8 Stutter

Guest DaveI

Hi Folks Sorry to go over old ground but I have only just got around to trying the Dash8. I have the heavy regular stutter problem. Was the solution pinned down for this?. I have the latest registered FSIUPC and no addons running. Concorde works as smooth as silk.Thanks in anticipation

Guest DaveI

Full screen view.....any phase of flight. I'm in spot view at the moment and its stuttering like mad !P4 2.4G., 1g memory, Gforce6800GT256 .....Flies concorde a treat!Regards

Guest DaveI

Hello PSS Re previous message. Is there anything I can do which does not involve deleting FS9.cfg and the consequent disruption of my carefully crafted and complex setup.? I'm sorry but the work involved to rebuild my setup from default is too much to be taken on, just for one aircraft. If there are no further "better targeted" solutions regretfully I will have to abandon the Dash8.Regards

Guest AndrewSmith

stutters only in Spot view?when it stutters, what do you see...grey fuselage...and when texture loads, no stutter? or does the stutter continue even after the texture is loaded?

Guest monsoon

If it the same thing I get it is more like a PAUSE than a stutter. Every minute or so the sim just freezes for 3 seconds or so then continues. Does it in 2D view and spot. I have reinstalled everything including FS9 recently and the dash still pauses.

Guest DaveI

Hi Guys I used the word stutter but its more like the pause situation described above. The simulation stops,fairly but not absolutely regularly,has a short "think" and then carries on running till the next time.Happens about every 20 seconds or so. The pauses are not as long as three seconds, probably less than one second, but it happens on any view all the time the Dash8 is in use. I am not describing the sometimes short pause loading textures when a new view is loading for the first time. This problem is when eveything is up and running. This problem is completely "aircraft specific" . My PSS Concorde runs beautifully.....silky smooth. Reminds me of a gauge compatibility issue somewhere some time back.hmmmmmmmm.....

Guest AndrewSmith

do you use VATSIM? if so, does it occur on there as well?right after the stutter, does FS ATC talk? (latency issue)i've had no issues with the Dash8.

Guest monsoon

Yes on Vatsim. yes off vatsim too though. Over the couple of years I have reformatted my hDD many times. this is the only time I have had problems with this. nothing to do with ATC.

Guest AndrewSmith

ok...very, very odd, as you can imagine, so if you're willing, we can try to narrow this down.first, defrag your hdd? PSS references files outside of the normal aircraft folder.here's a series of tests that i would like for you to try and then please post the results:1. texture test: in the aircraft.cfg, reference a texture folder that doesn't exist; but keep everything else the same. example: texture=testing2. panel/gauge test: create a new panel folder in the dash8 folder and using the alias method, point to the fs default King Air 350.3. sound test: create a new sound folde in the dash8 folder and using the alias method, point to the fs default King Air 350.the above test should be ran one at a time and NOT accumulative. only one thing should be changed with each test.looking forward to the results.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.