Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

waypoint not in database

I am trying to use the dash 8 flight plan function and when i enter an airport and use an icao identifier it always says not in database.I started trying to use the airportscyxu and cyyz and then cykznone were in database. then I tried kjfk and then kmiaso none were found and therefore I determine im doing something incorrect.I am missing something, ie is the database not linked.The flp function in does however see my fs9 plight plans that i have set up through the fs planning function.I must be making a simple mistake..Peterpkofman@rogers.com

Guest chrispy

Hey. I think I'm having the same problem. But I cannot put in jetways. Like J38 or J30. Also sometimes when I'm working on the FMC my screen goes black. It's not all the time but just when I push a certain button in some section.

yes i understand, I have had a problem that is some thing like thatfor instance in certain view the area outside the plane outside of the glareshield goes black. I have tons of video memory and i have a 256 graphics g force graphics card but it still happens. very strange.the waypoint thing has me baffled,How is it that NYC ( jfk ) is not in the database, surely that is a significant airport,,, it also could not find toronto, montreal??I am awaiting some simply help no this, I am for sure doing something very wrong and it must be simple.....

>It would be great if support could address why these waypoints are not in the database.. ??? helpyes i understand, I have had a problem that is some thing>like that>>for instance in certain view the area outside the plane>outside of the glareshield goes black. I have tons of video>memory and i have a 256 graphics g force graphics card but it>still happens. very strange.>>the waypoint thing has me baffled,>>How is it that NYC ( jfk ) is not in the database, surely that>is a significant airport,,, it also could not find toronto,>montreal??>>I am awaiting some simply help no this, I am for sure doing>something very wrong and it must be simple.....

Guest chrispy

Hello I have the same problem as you. I use jetways as well and when I put them in it crashes flight simulator. Now you can't tell me that those jetways don't exist. It's a problem with the FMC in the aircraft. I don't think PSS with do anything about it. Please correct me if I'm wrong but, on mine, putting in jetways crashed the system. I also I updated the navdata base. Chris

Guest NormanB

Firstly Im no expert in the Dash; that is reserved for John who as people will know left last month.Today I had someone else hold my hand and I was able to input and fly a flight using airways from Sydney (YSSY) to Canberra (YSCB).Neither of the two of us experienced a crash and were able to input the plan using the airways.I do recall in the ABPro that it used to die when entering the A1 airway until the airac cycle was updated. It's merely a guess but I would imagine that the logic is failing on some glitch in the navdata.For the record I used 0513.

Norman,Please believe me and all the other users, who have written about this topic in a lot of other threads (e.g. topic #834): There is a glitch in the Dash FMC software and it is independent of AIRACs. As I have bought this aircraft I tried it with every AIRAC cycle - it definitely crashes, if you use the list function (and in some other situations).It's really sad, that no one at PSS took the work to bring out a patch. The Dash is a really nice aircraft but without FMC it's not worth the money. The fact, that a bug fixing policy at PSS is not visible for me as a customer, lead me to the decision, not to buy other products from PSS so far, although a lot of aircrafts would be of interest for me.RegardsReinhard Brantner

Guest NormanB

Reinhard,I have no doubt that you and others experience this crash. The issue we sadly have is that (well for me anyway) it hasnt crashed here and I have no data to pass back.Your decision is your call and all I can offer is that you truly are missing out on some very nice products.Best regards,

Along with Rienhard, I too have taken the position not to pursue further bussiness with PSS due to lack of support in this issue. I have had the Dash crash on me in the exact same fashion, independant of AIRACs. Also, when I purchased the Dash, I was on an XP Home system with an Nvidia video card. I have since switched to an XP Pro with an ATI and still this problem has followed me. In the past, support would merely state "Cannot Reproduce" and that was that.I can still fly it, however, the full functionality of the FMS is lost to me. I can understand your frustration in trying to recreate this issue as I am sure you can understand my frustration with past attempts at receiving support. When it was being discussed in the forums before, I had even had some of my posts refused to be posted. This has unfortunately turned me right off of PSS.RegardsChuckCYXU

Guest NormanB

Chuck,Everybody is entitled to their choice; nobody can take that away from you.You may however have noticed that one of the things I ensured was the removal of the message queue. With a few exceptions this has been very successful and from my point makes PSS more open and accountable. I'm sure everybody agrees its a difficult balance to strike.I completely understand your frustrations and its why, as I said earlier, I installed the Dash. Ive now flown a few different routes in different parts of the globe, all with airways - I dread to say it, but I can't reproduce it either. I will however continue - it can't do any harm and it will get me used to a smaller plane again.On a side note, never bet on a Dash 8 to beat another plane - even another Dash 8!

At one time I had emailed support with a full breakdown of an example flight that would repeatedly cause this crash at the exact same spot. Some of the details included were;Operating systemVideo card & driversAirac cycle usedComplete flight planExact point of originAnd an exact play by play of each individual step and mouse click right to the point of the crash.Although I do not relish the thought of intentionally crashing my computer, I will attempt to recreate the condition and email the results if you wish. I have since deleted the original copy.Oh, one other point. The removal of the message queue has not gone unnoticed! I think that this is a definite improvement in PSS's support structure and a step in the right direction.

Guys the FMC problems you're describing have been with us for quite a long time, Mine too crashes when entering airways or using the list function. However, I've found that if you just enter your waypoints manually, it should alleviate your crashes. It did for me.Jay EklundCAT VI Senior Captain KDENhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/812321/764.png

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

That was my usual work around, however, I just updated the Airac data from Navdata.at and tried a flight that I know to cause the problem. In fact, this particular flight, I know the exact mouse click that causes it. I braced myself for the black screen, clicked and...HEY MIKEY...IT LIKES IT! I don't understand it, but for some reason, it appears to want to play nice. The entry off the list page that has caused me so many crashes before no longer seems to bother it. I will have to do some more testing to see, but for now, the problem has dropped below radar.Really hope it stays that way.

Two points,Firstly , it takes lots of time to get everything loaded, a flight plan working, taxi, clearance and t/o. and then the screen goes blank, or the atc stops working or airspeed indicate stops.. These little glitches are ok if they are part of the plan, but if they are not and there is no recovery then the whole thing is a waste of time.. I bought these programs to fly, ( not debug programs,). I hope support is listening. The products could be so great if they got some of these little things fixed ,these issues tend to create big problems and total irrecoverable failures that make this allot less compelling. Secondly, what is the relationship of airac data to the fs software. How do the updates interface with the fs software and pps software. I can find any refernece in the manuals in this regard. Maybe this is a simple oversight on my part.. >That was my usual work around, however, I just updated the>Airac data from Navdata.at and tried a flight that I know to>cause the problem. In fact, this particular flight, I know>the exact mouse click that causes it. I braced myself for the>black screen, clicked and...HEY MIKEY...IT LIKES IT! I don't>understand it, but for some reason, it appears to want to play>nice. The entry off the list page that has caused me so many>crashes before no longer seems to bother it. I will have to>do some more testing to see, but for now, the problem has>dropped below radar.>>Really hope it stays that way.

Guest NormanB

Peter,>screen goes blank, Which screen? Do you mean the computer screen or the FMC screen?>or the atc stops working Dead battery syndrome. Microsoft have long since acknowledged this as theirs.>or airspeed indicate stops.. Pitot heat. This is what happens in real life also.>I hope support is listening.I don't think thats in question.>Secondly, what is the relationship of airac data to the fs>software. To flight simulator itself? None. The airac if you like is the map and signposts. Its used by the onboard FMC. There is no relationship to the FS Scenery or other files.>How do the updates interface with the fs software and pps software. There is no interface, except I suppose the aircraft itself. Think if you will when a new road or a bypass (airway) is built. You obtain a set of instructions to get from A-B.Unless a new map and signs (the airac cycles) are available, at some stage you will not be able to follow the instructions. Effectively a real life "Not in Database"I hope that in what I think is its most simple form I have answered your queries and concerns.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.