Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

waypoint not in database

>Peter, ( my notes in ())firstly let me say that im a 1000 hr pilot and so i am trying to make this ex as real as possible. Sometimes in ttrying to achieve that goal I spend more time getting the set up correct and less time flying..!comments and question below.>>>screen goes blank, >>Which screen? Do you mean the computer screen or the FMC>screen?( I mean the computer shut down , or FS just quits. more often with dash 8 q tip config.)>>>or the atc stops working (this happens often , so I bought "contact". it does not quit, but it does not interface well with all of the assignments)>>Dead battery syndrome. Microsoft have long since acknowledged>this as theirs.(is there a fix, someone in the forum mentioned a gauge they built to measur this and help with this issue)>>>or airspeed indicate stops.. >>Pitot heat. This is what happens in real life also.>>( this is not the problem, did not fix the issue , tried that!)>>I hope support is listening.>>I don't think thats in question.( i think you guys are doing a great job, just too bad you cant solve some of these recurring little glitchs that cause total failure.)>>>Secondly, what is the relationship of airac data to the fs>>software. >>To flight simulator itself? None. The airac if you like is>the map and signposts. Its used by the onboard FMC. There is>no relationship to the FS Scenery or other files.( so when I update the airac data is it the fms that looks for the update within the pps software, and is this data in a stand alone format or coordinated through fsuipc.)>>>How do the updates interface with the fs software and pps>software. >>There is no interface, except I suppose the aircraft itself. ( where is the airac data located and is it in a seperate program that I can update)>Think if you will when a new road or a bypass (airway) is>built. You obtain a set of instructions to get from A-B.>>Unless a new map and signs (the airac cycles) are available,>at some stage you will not be able to follow the instructions.> Effectively a real life "Not in Database">>I hope that in what I think is its most simple form I have>answered your queries and concerns.(Thank you in advance

Hello Peter,Although I am not 100% satisfied with the Dash...yet, I do think it to be worth the effort.Firstly, you state that your computer will shut down or FS quits, well there is certainly an issue here to deal with. Let's start with add-ons. You mention "Contact", is this Radar Conact program? If so, I afraid I can't help you with that since I personally don't use it. That being said, do these problems still exist if you attempt a flight without this program running?Next up, the dead battery issue. There is a setting within FSUIPC that you can check to extend the battery life. This is the workaround for Microsoft's Dead Battery Syndrome.Pitot heat, does this occur before your batteries go dead or after? If it is happening after, are your generators online? Pitot heat is electrical and need the juice to make heat.The Airac data is just that, data. In itself, it is nothing, however the FMS has coding that allows it to read this data and interpret it. The data can found at Navdata.at and comes as a self installing package. Simply go there, click on the link along the top of the page that says AIRACs. Where it says please select your add-on, use the drop down menu to select the PSS choice then download.http://www.navdata.at/index.phpHope this helps a bit, also, what version of FSUIPC are you currently using?

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.