Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

newest issue

1.so om my quest to master the dash 300 q tip and other configuration , I have been experimenting with the fms, It seems though the more i get into using the fms, it tends to crash msfs9.1. In most configurations after a while ( everything seems to work fine) , then all of a sudden everything goes black, and i get the ms error report message saying that it is sending a report to ms, So basically dash 300 tends to crash ms9.1 ???? Thoughts. 2. Are there any instructions on how to set the vnav , this is not addressed in the manual. I would have thought that if you select a star or sid it would be automati

Hi,The hint for you out of this thread is, that PSS have no solution for this and obviously doesn't plan to release an update :-(Not very helpful (also for me) but reality. Make your own thoughts about this.RegardsReinhard, AUA668

What I have found is that as long as I stay away from the list feature on the FMS, I can usually avoid having the black screen crash. It means a little more manual entries with the FMS, but is a useable work around. I too am a little disappointed with PSS's response to this and as such have refrained from any more business with them.Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Guest Brisbane Bound

VNAV is not supported in this a/c only LNAV.Regarding the FMS, I find that if I go back to the first page of the menu screen that I am in before I use the LSK's(Line select keys)it does not crash.RegardsStephan

Hi Stephan,Try to enter the following route from EKCH to LOWW:SIMEG UM736 NONSA UM725 VLM T46 ASTUTuse the SIMEG6C departure.The FMC will crash at T46. What do you mean, that you go back to the first page of the menu screen before using the LSK's ? Could you please explain this in detail ? If you had found a workaround this would be really nice (although I don't believe this after months of frustration).Best RegardsReinhard

Just my 2 cents worth guys.I dont have CTD and I also run FS9 without the 9.1 update.Might be somethng in that?______________________________________Rob YMA002 - Compass Airlines Australia - a new direction!2846.png

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

Unfortunately, this is not the case in my situation. Had the Dash installed and crashing before the 9.1 was installed. It seems to be a select few that of us that when the conditions are just right and the phase of the moon is just so...things suddenly get dark. I can still use mine, however, I cannot use the list feature of the FMS when programming a flight.

Guest Brisbane Bound

Good Day Reinhard,I have never had MSFS crash while on a flight utilizing the FMS. I have only ever had it crash while programming the FMS, and this is what I thought the original post was about. I might be off on my own tangent though.But what I have found is that when loading the MSFS created flight plan into the FMS it would crash in certain instances. This would happen when I would open up the FMS and scroll through the flight plans "stored" in the FMS. Then if I did not want use the stored plans I would, using the options listed on the FMS screen go to my stored flight plans in MSFS and FS would then crash. By a stroke of luck I worked out that if I returned to the first menu screen of flight plans in the FMS before I went to the MSFS flight plans it would not crash.Hope this makes senseI have not flown the Dash 8 for some time now and my memory is fading.RegardsStephan

Guest monsoon

A quick question for the devs. Why is this not fixed?

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.