Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rajah

Landing specs

Guest Rajah

I cannot find the landing specifications of the Dash 300Is there documentation about that?TIAFrans

Guest DashTrash

Are you looking for speeds, or landing weights.Landing weight is 42,000 for a -300. I have speed cards, but it will take a while to write them in.

Guest Rajah

I need speed, flaps and runway length.Trial and error 160 kts and flaps 10?Frans

Guest DashTrash

Most landings are done with flaps 15. Flap speed for 15 is 150. Depending on your landing weight, approach speed should be in the neighborhood of 120 or so.If you're on a shorter runway, you can select flaps 35. Flap speed there is 138. You'll have to carry more power longer down final, and approach speed will be a tad lower.Min runway I'd use for a -300 is 6000ft, but it can be done much shorter.Flap speeds are:5: 16315: 15035: 138

Guest chplt

Frans: I have quite a bit of info on this post if you still need it. Please let me know.Russ

Guest Rajah

Allways wellcome Russ!Frans

Guest chplt

Frans: Before I go into it, is it fair to assume you have downloaded the Dash-8 Manuals from PSS, most importantly Part Two which contains all the Speed Charts?Russ

Guest Rajah

Affirm Russ!I have printed it all.Frans

Guest chplt

Frans: Here's a couple of things to start with. First, the Max all-up weight for the 300 is 42,578 Pounds, which means that DashTrash was in error saying the Landing Weight was 42,000 Pounds. Except in rare cases, I would expect to see the Dash at around 35-38 thousand pounds, sometimes much lighter.Now about Speeds. In Part Two of the Flight Manual are a number of speed charts. For this discussion, use the small oblong charts that start with a weight of 30,000 pounds and go up to 43,000 Pounds. Note that each chart has V Speed listings in Blue, and at the bottom is a small white rectangle with, from left to right, 35 degrees, 15 degrees, and 0 degrees. This white area is titled "V REF".Vref means Reference Landing Approach Speed, and is calculated as 1.3 Times Stall Speed. It is the LOWEST safe speed to fly the airplane at each of the 3 Flap Settings. So, at 32,000 Pounds, Vref for 15 degree of flap is 95KIAS....But, you sure don't want to fly it THAT slow. Standard Practice is to use Vref+15, or, in this case, 110KIAS would be the Approach Speed on Final. I would think that any 4,000 foot runway would accomodate A DASH at most any weight.For takeoff, this same airplane at a weight of, say 34,000 pounds, would use 85KIAS with 15 Flap for V1/VR, V2 91KIAS, and a cruise climb around 160KIAS or thereabouts.Hope this is of some value, and please be sure and get those charts if you haven't already.Russ

Guest Rajah

Well, thanks for your extensive answer Russ.First thanks for the additional information about the GW.Second it should be nice if Phoenix had the chapter on page 11 named Take Off and Landing Settings! Now I just doe notice it because you draw my attention on it.Thanks again RussFranshttp://home.planet.nl/~dek00598/airfrans

Guest Rajah

Nice info Reinhard, thanks!Frans

If 6000' is the min you'd use for a Dash 300, you are better off flying a jet. The Dash can land and or takeoof comfortably on a 4000' without any problems (of course weight restrictions will have to be taken into account).Caribbean flying is a good example for the Dash 300 where some fields/runways barely exceed 4000'. The Dash is also well know to perform LAHSO (Land and Hold Short) at major airports where there are intersecting runways in use.The Dash ...... Versatile machine in all aspectsKroswynd

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.