Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

just about to give up dash 300 qtip

I have become a regular here as I try to get this up and running , this is a fun plane to fly ( q tip 300), and as a real pilot I enjoy the realism but, the snags are more that little glitches and this tend to destroy the entire expereince. So of these listed seem to have no solution`1. fms no waypoint available, i have had no repsonse on this 2. the black screen cdt to absurd. The fms is one of the main features and it is useless if it cant be used. 3 Quite often when in flight , the sound from the aircraft is working but the atc goes silent and stops responding. 4. If you start the aircraft" cold and dark" there is no way to turn on the avionics. ( every plane has some sort of avioncis master) 5 The gauges in the vor selection are very difficult to read ( very minor issue compared to the ones above)I really enjoy flying this plane but a fix to some of these items would go a long way, I wonder if support could answer items 1,2,3,4

Guest NormanB

Hi,1. Which airac cycle are you using? As you will know these are updated very regularly real world.2. See 1. There were some airac cycles that were notorious for this.3. Dead battery syndrome.4. Im no DASH expert so will leave that for someone else - sorry.5. What resolution are you using?

Hi,@2: There are a lot of threads about this bug and in fact you can reproduce the CTD with every AIRAC cycle. Never use airways but use waypoints only. This won't avoid all CTDs but one of the most common. I am wondering, if there will be a fix for this. PSS seems not to make any update for this wonderful plane.@4: Have you set the default flight as described in the manual? You also can put the function "Avionics On/Off" to a key in FS2004 and use this key to turn avionics on.RegardsReinhard, AUA668

#4There are two ways of activating the avionics . Well for starters some sort of power has got to be supplied to the aircraft.Options :-a) Master Battery switches (be careful...batteries drain rather quickly if used in a stand alone mode):( External Powerc) APUThese are 3 basic options to powering the avionics.KroswyndPSS Dash Beta Tester

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.