Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daniel Pimentel

Isn't this your Dash-8 bitmap?

Guest Daniel Pimentel
http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Loca...&ImageID=116775Looks like it to me, I may be mad... It's been a while since I last used it, but some parts (especially the pedestal and the handles on the bottom) look very much like yours.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Why do you post this in the Boeing forum?? Did you miss the Dash-8 forum just above this one?

Eric 

Guest NormanB

Moved to Dash Forum (and looking at the bitmap)

Guest Ian H

Looks very much like it to me.Ian HProud member of Knight Air.

Guest NormanB

There are certainly many similarities but until he releases his version I can't prove it one way or the other.Without taking from his work, it appears the model is actually the default FS AI model with somebody else's air file so Im not holding out an awful lot of hope for it.

"PiR8: Seen dat panel B4 ; Comment for PiR8: I used a piture of PSS's panel hehehe"
-http://www.piczo.com/projectskyhigh?g=4527872&cr=2Im pretty sure its the PSS bitmap. Infact, I am sure. (there are numerous points to prove it...ie the black space by the gear lever. The space correspondes to the size the the gear gauge utilized by the PSS Dash 8.)Intersting on his file size on avsim...I dont know what format his textures are in but his size is like 77 megs...Also, looking at the other stuff on his website, he has some soundsets which I dont think he produced either, the A320 is awfully close to the Project Airbus one...[edit] Ohh man...turns out hes an 11 year old kid...uhh...i guess I could be nicer about it...:(

Guest NormanB

I downloaded his "package" yesterday and like you discovered the way it has been "composed." Whilst the one I got didn't have a panel nor instructions, I have compared the screenshot with our own work along with some other team members and there is no doubt our work was used as a base. Consequently we are sure (now that I have brought it to his attention) he will be considering his next move.PSS, like other developers appreciate assistance in protecting our work. AVSIM have set up an email address piracy@avsim.com specifically to help combat piracy, and we implore everybody to use it should they find something untoward anywhere.Thanks guys for the heads up on this one.

Guest Ruahrc

This reminds me of another panel I found long ago with PSS bitmap. It's a pretty old panel but hey it's still copyright violation right?Filename is:340_fs9.zipon avsim.The main bitmap for the panel is the PSS Airbus panel bitmap. No question about it. It's been laid over with many custom gauges but the underlying bitmap is identical to the PSS.Ruahrc

Guest NormanB

Ruahrc,It certainly is. I have requested its removal by AVSIM staff. In regard to the Dash8, it has since been removed by Simviation.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.