Sign in to follow this  
Guest stuarta

Autopilot

Ok, tried reading the help files and followed the test but I'm afraid I still can't get my head around the autopilot.I take off, hit AP/AP Sel/HD then a bit later AUX and NAV.When I click AUX, should I see anything as nothing seems to happen and for some reason when I click NAV, it turns me but I keep going round in circles.Thankyou

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Ok, tried reading the help files and followed the test but>I'm afraid I still can't get my head around the autopilot.>>I take off, hit AP/AP Sel/HD then a bit later AUX and NAV.>>When I click AUX, should I see anything as nothing seems to>happen and for some reason when I click NAV, it turns me but I>keep going round in circles.>>ThankyouCheck your flightplan in the FMC. AUX and NAV means to navigate based on the flightplan in the FMC.

yep I'm sure the flightplan is ok, as it's been made using FSNav then exported. Just not sure on the AUX button. Is anything supposed to show up once this is clicked?

Nothing will happen when you hit AUX as this just chooses the source for the NAV button (in this case, the FMC).Once you hit NAV though, then the AP should follow your flight plan.

Plus the a display to the left a bit should change to show "LNAV" to denote this new navigation type.

Sign in to follow this