Sign in to follow this  
Guest stuarta

Autopilot

Guest stuarta

Ok, tried reading the help files and followed the test but I'm afraid I still can't get my head around the autopilot.I take off, hit AP/AP Sel/HD then a bit later AUX and NAV.When I click AUX, should I see anything as nothing seems to happen and for some reason when I click NAV, it turns me but I keep going round in circles.Thankyou

>Ok, tried reading the help files and followed the test but>I'm afraid I still can't get my head around the autopilot.>>I take off, hit AP/AP Sel/HD then a bit later AUX and NAV.>>When I click AUX, should I see anything as nothing seems to>happen and for some reason when I click NAV, it turns me but I>keep going round in circles.>>ThankyouCheck your flightplan in the FMC. AUX and NAV means to navigate based on the flightplan in the FMC.

Jason C CYYJ

Prepar3D v5.0 | i9-10900K 5.0 GHz (OC) | Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm Rad | MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3200MHz (OC) | GIGABYTE Z490 Aorus Ultra | XPG GAMMIX S11 PRO 2TB NVMe SSD | Corsair RM850i 850W PS | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Dell 27 inch G-Sync 144Hz Gaming Monitor

Guest stuarta

yep I'm sure the flightplan is ok, as it's been made using FSNav then exported. Just not sure on the AUX button. Is anything supposed to show up once this is clicked?

Nothing will happen when you hit AUX as this just chooses the source for the NAV button (in this case, the FMC).Once you hit NAV though, then the AP should follow your flight plan.

Jason C CYYJ

Prepar3D v5.0 | i9-10900K 5.0 GHz (OC) | Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm Rad | MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3200MHz (OC) | GIGABYTE Z490 Aorus Ultra | XPG GAMMIX S11 PRO 2TB NVMe SSD | Corsair RM850i 850W PS | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Dell 27 inch G-Sync 144Hz Gaming Monitor

Guest Agrajag

Plus the a display to the left a bit should change to show "LNAV" to denote this new navigation type.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.