Sign in to follow this  
Guest buffedub

Glide Slope Problem

Guest buffedub

I continue to have a problem at some airports staying on the glideslope during an ILS approach. At, KSEA for example, the Dash will track all the way to the threshold. At CYVR, it will capture the GS for a short time and then lose it and fly straight. Landing at a new airport you never quite know if the GS will work. KJAX is another where it will not track. Its not a major problem since the Dash is so easy to hand fly to touchdown when the GS is lost. But it is a bit annoying. Others have noted this as well and am wondering if there is a fix. RegardsRogerKROA

Hi Roger,I was having lots of problems with the Glidescope, like you and did a ton of searching around to see if I could find a solution. One that came up and I tried was as soon as you have localizer lock, set the V/S to a shallow descent of -300 fpm. This ensures you are below the GS when it is captured and it seems to work well. I have tried it twice, once coming into CYYJ and another into CYVR and both times it worked flawlessly when the glidescop capture wasn't working before.Jason

Jason C CYYJ

Prepar3D v5.0 | i9-10900K 5.0 GHz (OC) | Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm Rad | MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3200MHz (OC) | GIGABYTE Z490 Aorus Ultra | XPG GAMMIX S11 PRO 2TB NVMe SSD | Corsair RM850i 850W PS | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Dell 27 inch G-Sync 144Hz Gaming Monitor

Guest buffedub

Hi JasonThanks for the reply. Will give it a try.RegardsRoger

Guest buffedub

Hi JasonNo joy. Tried it twice at CYVR. Same problem. Set a gradual 300 FPM descent rate but as soon as the GS was captured the Dash started to pitch up, not down. I have tried all sorts of things but nothing seem to work. Since the Dash is a legacy product at PSS we probably won't get any help from that quarter. Its just a complete mystery why some airports work and others don't, since according to the charts the glideslopes are essentially the same at 3 degrees. I would say it might be an FS9 problem but I don't have trouble with other aircraft. Will just have to live with it I guess. The Dash is still a great plane to fly.RegardsRoger

Sorry it still isn't working for you.I tried KSEA last night, and it worked like a breeze again for me.One thing though, I am using FS8. Wonder if that might be the reason???You might want to try doing a search at this forum because I know there have been several posts on this subject in the past.Jason.

Jason C CYYJ

Prepar3D v5.0 | i9-10900K 5.0 GHz (OC) | Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm Rad | MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3200MHz (OC) | GIGABYTE Z490 Aorus Ultra | XPG GAMMIX S11 PRO 2TB NVMe SSD | Corsair RM850i 850W PS | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Dell 27 inch G-Sync 144Hz Gaming Monitor

Guest buffedub

I'll try that. I have searched a few but come up empty as far as this particular problem is concerned. KSEA works fine for me too.Roger

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.