Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agrajag

Dash 8 and FSX

Guest Agrajag

Just wanted to put in my wish for PSS to re-release a fully upgraded version of the Dash 8 for FSX when it finally appears.It wasn't a big deal to use the FS2002 version in FS2004 but it will really look (and act) dated under FSX based on everything we're seeing and hearing.I know this is extremely unlikely to get an answer on but has anyone there given thought to updating the Dash then?I can't imagine not flying it in FSX but I'd also want to keep using solutions that are fairly within reach of the current level of evolution.

Guest NormanB

Rich,We try to answer all posts so here goes :)As you know, the Dash was made for 2002 and patched to work in 2004. Since FSX isnt yet released nobody can say with certainty if it will work or not.WHatever the case, if we were to release a Dash8 specifically for FSX it would be a new product rather than an update.

Guest Agrajag

Thanks. That's all I was looking for.Here's hoping two things:1) That you like the Dash 8 enough internally to feel the desire to do one for FSX.2) That current owners get a small discount on any new Dash 8 that you might do.I suspect someone will come out with a utility to convert planes from one format to another if the process isn't absolutely impossible but the result would likely be a plane that just pales in comparison to the others around it.

Guest Knikolaes

I have to admit that I as well would absolutel;y love to see a new Dash 8 for FS X.

Guest Mauleflyer

Hi neighbor, I agree with you on a new updated Dash 8. I've been flying Aeroworx Super KingAir which is probably the best example of what can be done with flight sim models today. Almost every button and switch works and in the virtual cockpit mode as well. Graphics in and out are beautiful with a virtual cabin. I'm no programmer but I think the PSS Dash 8 could be brought up to such standards.SteveHaddonfield, NJ

Phoenix folks,Please, please, please make us a Dash-8 for FSX. It's my favorite and most-used aircraft in FS9. I don't think I can move to FSX without it :-)

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.