Sign in to follow this  
Guest gwi

My Dash 8 NAV/COM freezes after 20 mins??

Guest gwi

Hi:I've ben flying the Dash 8-300 and 300Q cross country using both standard VOR navigation and the FMS. After about 20 minutes my instruments freeze (and oddly, the gear won't go down). If I 'change aircraft' (eg, swap between the 300 and 300Q), I can get things working again. But whichever model I start with, I find the same problem, regardless of whether I'm using the FMS or simply VOR tracking. Suggestions appreciated.George[EGKA]

Guest NormanB

George.Two words for you. Dead and batteryEven though you have the engines running as far as FS is concerned your battery has flattened. Start FS from the default flight. Dont turn off anything. Switch to the Dash 8 and you will never have this happen again.

Guest gwi

>George.>>Two words for you. Dead and battery>>Even though you have the engines running as far as FS is>concerned your battery has flattened. Start FS from the>default flight. Dont turn off anything. Switch to the>Dash 8 and you will never have this happen again.Norman:That's great. But ??? With both generators switched on, the inverters on, the external power off etc ... (I like starting from cold & dark.)George

Guest NormanB

George,As do I. Do as suggested above and then make the panel cold and dark.Now save the flight (dont save it as default though). Next time you start FS load *that* flight rather than the default.

Guest gwi

Norman:Wilco .... many thanks.George[EHKA}

Guest gwi

Norman:Flat battery again! I don't keep a 'default' amongst my saved flights, so I opened the 'create a flight' screen (the C-172 at Seattle) and (first) changed the A/C, then changed the position to my intended departure airport (KGLD). Having set up the FMS for KMCI, started up et al, I found myself 30'later at F210 losing all load on the AC electrics! Is this a programing problem? There must be another way.Regards,George[EGKA]>George,>>As do I. Do as suggested above and then make the panel cold>and dark.>>Now save the flight (dont save it as default though). >>Next time you start FS load *that* flight rather than the>default.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.