Sign in to follow this  
Guest BLUEMOON1

topic 56

Guest BLUEMOON1

Just read Barry Wards fixes for the dash8(Topic#56)4 year old post and the problems are still out here.Can anyone tell me if the drag coeffient for the spoilers can be changed. Have not done any of Mr Wards fixes,but after much pratice got the landing down O.K. but just ok. a little more drag on the spollers and I should be ok on those 3500 foot runways.

Guest Phoenix5

Dash 8 300 spoilers are not for speed control, they are used for roll control.The 400 series is the only one to have spoilers for speed control.

Guest BLUEMOON1

Not sure how to answer this,but in the aircraft cfg. files there is a line that says;Spoilers_Limits=59.988681 and I was asking if this number is a drag value of the spoilers,or the extension limit in degrees. I made 2 of the changes in the aircraft cfg. files that were in that post by Barry Ward(I think that was his name) WHAT A DIFFERANCE!!! The dash 8 now is a landable aircraft at small runways(less than 5000 feet) with no problem. So I thought because I have set up the spoilers to extend by a button command on my joy stick,I might be able to get some more drag by changing this number. And them use them like a 400. But if anyone knows what those numbers mean please let me know.

Guest DashTrash

Are you using them in flight? None of the Dash series can do that. The -100, and -400 have ground spoilers, but the -200 and -300 are roll control spoilers only.

Guest BLUEMOON1

NO,was only trying to use them for short feild landings, the dash seems like it likes to float(ground effects), but to let you know I have tried to change that number with no effect. The PSS people have a great product, and those are roll spoilers and that is how they work. No harm in trying. Also I was wrong about some of the stuff I wrote about topic #56. I now have Airline pilot with the dash8 it flies the same without the mods to the cfg. file. has in most cases it was the pilot not the plane. SORRY PSS People.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.