Sign in to follow this  
Guest jopet

VOR/DME approach and FMS

Guest jopet

I am flying from YMML to YMAY. I want to use VOR/DME approach at YMAY. From IAF (VOR or NDB) it is 026 to 8 DME, right turn to intercept at 8 DME and return on 239. Should I be able to program this in the Q 300 FMS? I have looked through the forum and could not see anything that addresses this particular kind of approach.No problem with SIDs and STARs. Enjoy flying Dash 8.jopet

Guest Ruahrc

I don't think you can program this into the FMS (short of writing new procedures into the navdata database) but I will say that I have flown quite a few non-precision approaches with the Dash8 and it's great fun. The variety of challenging airports into which the Dash8 flies in real life allows many possibilities for shooting tough approaches in FS :)Ruahrc

Guest jopet

Thanks for that. It confirms my suspicions. I shall return to the challenge.jopet

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.