Sign in to follow this  
Guest zenbyte

Changing Liveries

Guest zenbyte

Hello all,I want to change a Dash 8-300 livery to a dash 8-q300 livery. Is this possible and how?Matt

the addon paints i have downloaded from the user edits section of PSS's www work for both the 300 and the Q's. this tells me the mdl files are the same (though there are different reference folders).you need to do the following -*backup your aircraft cfg file before making changes*copy the fltsim.XX entry in the aircraft.cfg of the paint you wish to 'turn into a Q'.example from my fleet of dash8's:{fltsim.3} <-- square bracketstitle=PSS Dash 8 300 America West by Mesa Airlinesui_variation=PSS Dash 8 300 America West Airlinessim=Dash8-300ui_type=DHC-8-300sound=model=300panel=300texture=americawestkb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id_color=0xffffffffffatc_id=N500YVatc_airline=air shuttleatc_flight_number=294atc_heavy=0ui_manufacturer=Bombardier (DeHavilland Canada)description=PSS DHC 8-300nnFDE 2.0njohd@zeelandnet.nlnnCOPYRIGHTS BY PSS 2002 ©nnSEE MANUAL FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS.*paste the copied fltsim.XX back into the aircraft cfg after the last fltsim.xx entry. change the fltsim.XX to the next number in sequence (IMPORTANT). now make the following changes to this 'new Q' (example of changes are in italics):{fltsim.XX} <-- square brackets, the new number in sequencetitle=PSS Dash 8 300 America West by Mesa Airlinesui_variation=PSS Dash 8 300 America West Airlinessim=Dash8-300ui_type=DHC-8-Q300 <-- this change has the paint show up in the 'Q' subtypes of the dash8ssound=model=Q300 <-- this change is for the 'Q' mdl filepanel=Q300 <-- this change is for the 'Q' paneltexture=americawestkb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id_color=0xffffffffffatc_id=N500YVatc_airline=air shuttleatc_flight_number=294atc_heavy=0ui_manufacturer=Bombardier (DeHavilland Canada)description=PSS DHC 8-300nnFDE 2.0njohd@zeelandnet.nlnnCOPYRIGHTS BY PSS 2002 ©nnSEE MANUAL FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.