Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Today's date on Dash8FMC?

I purchased my Dash8 a couple of years ago - but have never really used it because I mostly fly bush flying. Now that I am flying on Vatsim, it suits me to fly either a regional jet or a Twin Turbo prop for short flights.I am learning how to use the FMC - the first thing I have noticed is that the first page shows the incorrect date for today's date. My computer time/date is set up correctly as is the Sim time. Does anybody know how to correct this?Thanks Barry

Guest DP1

BazzaFor what it it worth I think the date & some of the other "stuff" on that opening screen is "dummy" and is there for looks only.david

Guest Peter Kamper

>I purchased my Dash8 a couple of years ago - but have never>really used it because I mostly fly bush flying. Now that I am>flying on Vatsim, it suits me to fly either a regional jet or>a Twin Turbo prop for short flights.>Hi Barry,a couple of weeks ago I reported this to PSS and got the following very quick reply from Steven Cullen:Quote:"The Dash 8 was produced well before I started with PSS, and I have always had the same issue as you.At this time I no remedy for the situation, but it will not affect the performance of the aircraft."unquote Regards Peter

Your navigation database (referred to as an AIRAC) is out of date. It is really no big deal. You will find discrepencies with sceneries that have been reflect changes to airports since the Dash was released. For example, O'Hare recently renamed 9L/27R to 9R/27L and R9R/27L to 10/28. Your database won't reflect these changes but it doesn't matter unless you've updated your AFCAD/airport scenery to reflect these changes.With that said, you can fix this problem by visiting www.navigraph.com. For a few bucks you can download the latest AIRAC and update the Dash engine.Bob

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.