Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agrajag

Release Dash to public?

Guest Agrajag

Guys,If there's no interest in supporting the Dash-8 in FSX, which seems to be the case, would you consider releasing a version that was opened up so others might take a shot at it?This is, without question, my favorite plane and it just seems sad to let it die for no other reason than the owners don't care to support it any longer.It's a mess in FSX and seems to be a bit beyond repair without open access to all of it. Is that even a realistic option?

Guest Phoenix5

It is not a case of not wanting to support it, it is an aircraft passed it's time. It was built for FS2002, updated free of change for FS2004. FSX is a completely new platform and it is not a simple job to make this aircraft fly in FSX, it requires a complete new rebuild, a new product.As to the release of the source file, sorry but no that will not happen.

So, am I correct in reading that as PSS will not be releasing any Dash-8 in FSX, including a new product?

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

JDW how do you decipher that from the previous post? I can't see anything in the last post that would even point to what you are saying

Guest Agrajag

That's the way I read it too so it's not just him.Sounded to me like PSS is done with the DASH-8 as no mention of another product has been forthcoming and their involvement with the previous product continues to decline. If you're planning a new one, wouldn't it make sense to keep interest in the old one up so that people stick with it long enough to move to the new one?This has been my favorite aircraft for a long time. I only lost interest in it as it became more clear that PSS had no interest in keeping it working and viable.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.