Sign in to follow this  
Guest catherine

Airbus arrival procedures ?

Guest catherine

Hello, i have encountered problems in your star.I would like to know why the stars always stop at IAF points. The arrival procedures are not displayed. for example on LFRS ils rwy 03 arrivale procedures.... passsing by VALAX ,the star stops at NEDAN and does not continue the arrival procedure 'till landing. do you have any informations about that ? thank you

Guest rara_bb

Hi,as far as I know, it's normal for a STAR to end at the IAF, the so-called clearance limit. From then on, you'd expect radar vectors by ATC, or you have other published procedures, such as transitions. Only these would bring you to your FAF.I've taken a look at the approach charts of Nantes... the STAR indeed stop at NEDAN, everything beyond that are other final approach procedures... looks like there is a circling approach, a GPS precision approach, a VOR/DME approach and so on.These procedures are not STARs and are thus not included in the PSS database. GreetingsBEnPS: There is updated navdata available at www.navdata.at... feel free to try that, maybe someone has made the effort to programme the other approach procedures.

Guest vrandar

"...as far as I know, it's normal for a STAR to end at the IAF..."Yes, that's right, the STAR does not take you as far as the runway.

Guest catherine

hi guy !in the real database airbus, some arrival procedures are displayed. I can tell you about it because my husband is flying on Airbus 330 and he told me that they have in the MCDU data base many arrival procedures ,they have ILS arrival procedure, and VOR DME also. so they can make the arrival procedure in "managed mode" if they want to. well they can also make it in selected mode, but they have the choice. :-)best regardscatherine

Guest stang

>Hello, i have encountered problems in your star.>I would like to know why the stars always stop at IAF points.>The arrival procedures are not displayed. for example on LFRS>ils rwy 03 arrivale procedures.... passsing by VALAX ,the star>stops at NEDAN and does not continue the arrival procedure>'till landing. do you have any informations about that ? >thank youHi Catherine. As is being pointed out, a STAR does not take you in to the landing. A STAR only get you close to an airport. The IAP starts where the STAR ends and it is the IAP that takes you down to the runway and through the Missed Approach Procedure, if needed.RegardsTerry

Guest rara_bb

Hello Catherine,yes, I'm aware of that. Another example is the transitions in Frankfurt; in real life, they are programmed in the MCDU, yet as they are not a STAR, they are not included in the PSS database.That's why I suggested to check www.navdata.at, since Richard Stefan, who runs the site, has incorporated other procedures into the database, as long as someone has programmed them and sent them to him.GreetingsBEn

Guest catherine

ok Ben, i understand you answer. Ok this is not called star 'cause they are not part of stars ....but they are arrival procedures ;-) ! and pss do not have them stored in the MCDU. i have already intalled navdata upgrade, nothing changes about arrival procedures, but it's normal as far as pss do not display them. thank you for your answer , have a nice day.thanks

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.