Sign in to follow this  
Allan Burek

A320 Fuel Transfer

Hello All:I didnt see this in a previous post, so here goes:The A320 I have installed does not transfer fuel from the outer tanks to the inner tanks when it should. Fuel transfer should occur at about 6500 lbs total fuel on board (1650 lbs. each inner tank, 1500 lbs. each outer). Is there a way to modify this or is it just "one of those things?" Thanks in advance for any help/info.Allan Burek

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Allan,I was not aware that 320's transfer fuel at any time?Rather, it shouldn't. According to JAA/FAA rules, you are not allowedto land with fuel only in the center tank. Many have coasted in to a surprise flame out landing on that ground. That said, manual tranferis still possible (if memory serves, I'm not at home and have never usedit... I think).Long story short, I don't think it's "one of those things" as you putit. Unfortunately, there are some other things, but all in all a goodpackage. ;-)

Hello, and thanks for the response,Yes, the A320 does transfer fuel in-flight. The outer wing tanks (except A321) transfer by means of gravity into the inner wing tanks under normal circumstances when the inner wing tank lo-level sensors energize. This occurs normally with 1650 lbs. in each inner wing tank. It may happen earlier depending on what the flight attitude is at the time. These arent the same lo-level sensors that alert the crew of a low fuel level, just sensors dedicated to opening the 4 (2 each wing) transfer valves in the outer wing ont he 2 main spars. There is no way to transfer fuel to the wings from the center in flight, although it is possible on the ground my ground personnel. So basically, my question refers to outer tank to inner tank only. I hope this clears any confusion, and thanks again.Allan

Sign in to follow this