Sign in to follow this  
jetlover1118

Pss A3xx Nose Dives On Approach.

Ok, everything was going great flying the buses until I installed th Fs9.1 update. I only have one problem and It's a major pain. On final approach the aircraft is locked into the glideslope on a slow steady decent, I deactivate the autopilot at about 100ft and the aircraft suddenly nose dives into the ground. Is anyone else having this problem?

Guest Skywalker

Since I use Bob Scott's FDE's this problem no longer exists. Check this Forum for his latest version.Rgds, Sam

Guest speight

Yes, definitly. It is happening to a lesser degree with all my aircraft, so it points to a fs issue.

Guest speight

>I believe that file is for the 330/340 and not the 320>series>was it nose diving bfore the FS9 patch?>>John >PSS SUPPORT>support@phoenix-simulation.co.uk>>http://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg>>>>I was using the A320 in fs9 without replacement flight dyno's and nose dive became apparent after fs9-1.I have an IFDG 320 aliasing pss pro panel and that started doing it as well, but fixed that by installing these dyno's;---PEDRO OLIVEIRA

Guest speight

I have now got the new Flight One ATR and in the first few pages of their manual, there is a description of the setup procedure that almost eliminates nose dive when diconnecting a/p.Very basically, if you have the latest payware FSUIPC and CH controls, first go to fsuipc joysticks tab and disable all those controls, then go to the fs controls/sensitivities and set all to max and null zones to a very small minimum (for both joystick and rudder). Next go back to fsuipc and recalibrate your controls. Now you can go back to fs and reset sensitivities to normal which would be for the pss a3xx around 40% with 5%nulls on ailerons and elevators-and max + 2% for throttle.If you look at the readme files that come with fsuipc, under the heading"Joysticks [FS2000, FS2002 and FS2004]", most of this is explained.It has helped me quite a bit, but it may not help with other systems.Perhaps Pss or Bob Scott may have better information on this. Or maybe the man himself, Pete Dowson?

Guest speight

I have just installed a soundblaster card and suddenly have massive improvement in control, especially on approach.

Guest speight

Edin,I did a couple of circuits last night in A320 IFDG~Pss and it was as near as dammit, flawless, both manual and auto!!!

Thanks I'm using PSS without IFDG.I will try to change air and cfg files (from Pedro O.)I must say that I don't have problems with default one, but I changed something ...scalar I can't remember.Thanks againEdin

Guest Skywalker

Right... Bob Scott recommended some changes to the lift_scalar values. So far I have no problems with the default FDE's this way...Rgds, Sam

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.