Sign in to follow this  

Major Airbus Engine Problem

Only a recent problem.Whenever I try to start the Airbus, the engines tick up to about 17-19% N2, but don't tick over, they just hover there without the engine actually starting.I have followed the checklist to the letter, but everytime I select one of the engine master switches to ON, both air conditioning packs immediately show a fault. Up to this point, they are fine.This has only been happening recently. I have already tried uninstalling the aircraft and re-installing it, but this has not solved the problem.The only solution I can think is to un-install Flight Sim and start from fresh, but I don't particually want to do this because I have so much 3rd party software tied up in the game it would make it very difficult to get everything back.If there are any other solutions, I would love to hear them!Thanks for any helpPhil

Guest Phoenix_7

quick strart procedure from cold and darkOVERHEAD PANELBAT 1/2 onAPU master onAPU start onAPU bleed onFUEL PUMPS onPEDESTAL PANELENG MODE switch to IGN STARTMASTER2 onMASTER1 onENG MODE to NORMJohn HelsbyPSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

>Only a recent problem. >Whenever I try to start the Airbus, the engines tick up to >about 17-19% N2, but don't tick over, they just hover there >without the engine actually starting. >I have followed the checklist to the letter, but everytime I >select one of the engine master switches to ON, both air >conditioning packs immediately show a fault. Up to this >point, they are fine. This indicates that there is no ignition.. power problem?>This has only been happening recently. I have already tried >uninstalling the aircraft and re-installing it, but this has >not solved the problem. Often reinstalling help, but doesnt tell a solution.>The only solution I can think is to un-install Flight Sim >and start from fresh, but I don't particually want to do >this because I have so much 3rd party software tied up in >the game it would make it very difficult to get everything >back. >If there are any other solutions, I would love to hear them! I never do that. No use. FS2002 doesnt change when adding aircraft or scenery.>>Thanks for any help >Phil Check FSUIPC and set power to unlimited. May help a lot. FS batteries drain within a second.Have fun flying!Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]Unofficial PSS website:www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johdMy help may not me much usefull, or usefull much..eh?

I have recently started to have this problem. I have tried all the advice offered in this thread including CTRL-E but the engines still stagnate at about 19%. I am unaware of any changes that I have made apart from updating FSUIPC. Any further thoughts?

Jim

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Guest paulh1502

Hi ThereI don't know if this will be much help.I have had several problems with the engines and found that the best way to resolve those problems was to always start the flight first with an FS default aircraft then change to the A3xx after the flight has loaded.As I say this may be totally useless advice but it might be worth a go.RegardsPaulf

Guest Niels_C

Hi all,I once had such problems. I don't know if they somehow relate to thepower (MHz/GHz, mem) of your PC. My experiments made me think so.I experimented with external view and top-down view (Erm... CTRL-S orSHIFT-S, forget right now). It more or less worked. What would howevermake it ignite was when I used the hotkey to expand (or whatever it's called) the ECAM window with engine readout. (Shift 5 or so?) Worked like charm every time. Odd.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.