Sign in to follow this  
Guest giln

a340 joggles while at cruise altitude

When i am flying the a340 at cruise altitude, it continously bounces and is unstable. I cannot seem to keep a level flight, I eitherclimb or descend at 200 fpm and am constinly going up and down. What's the problem and what can I do?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,When that happens, what is your weight and what is your altitude?Maybe, you're flying too high for the weight of your plane, or maybe there was some winds in altitude.Regards,Francois

Sounds like the joggle damper switch is off. It's located just above the propwash dispenser.Could be your frame rate limiter is set too high...I have seen advanced add-ons "chase the jet" if there isn't enough processor headroom to accomodate all the extra processing going on in the panel. I have a fairly powerful system, but I leave the limiter set at 23 fps for this reason. Also, other programs running in the background could be a factor.Also, if you've used a non-PSS loader that puts things in places other than the reference zero, it could indicate a CG problem.Last, if you're using the stock PSS config and air file, you might want to try my alternative files...do a search for "alternative FDE" on this forum and it'll lead you there.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

>Sounds like the joggle damper switch is off. It's located>just above the propwash dispenser.>>Could be your frame rate limiter is set too high...I have seen>advanced add-ons "chase the jet" if there isn't enough>processor headroom to accomodate all the extra processing>going on in the panel. I have a fairly powerful system, but I>leave the limiter set at 23 fps for this reason. Also, other>programs running in the background could be a factor.>>Also, if you've used a non-PSS loader that puts things in>places other than the reference zero, it could indicate a CG>problem.>>Last, if you're using the stock PSS config and air file, you>might want to try my alternative files...do a search for>"alternative FDE" on this forum and it'll lead you there.>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300>Washington, DCwhat I also noticed is when crossing fl310 and above the A340 will swing from left to right loose power and this while executing a climb with a v/s rate of 400 fpm, pitch 6

>what I also noticed is when crossing fl310 and above the A340>will swing from left to right loose power and this while>executing a climb with a v/s rate of 400 fpm, pitch 6

Another possibility is some sort of odd weather layer at FL310...something with a drastic wind shift and/or a really high OAT.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Hi all,a little bit late but good information.The problem is not the wight and ballance section and the CG isn`t it as well.The FDE is realy perfect. Thanks Bob.To fix the problem on A340 you must change the accuracy in the APTuning330.dat. The following section fixes also unconstantly EPR regulating on A330. Just overwrite the contens of APTuning330.dat with following entries.PoEacc: 5PoEdec: 5PoEstp: 5000VoPacc: 1000VoPdec: 1500VoPstp: 4SoPacc: 2SoPdec: 15SoPstp: 4RoAacc: 8RoAdec: 10RoAstp: 2000EoTacc: 0.003EoTdec: 0.2EoTstp: 500SoEacc: 2SoEdec: 10SoEstp: 0.5GoTacc: 0.1GoTdec: 1GoTstp: 200After there load the aircraft and have fun. No movement, no unconstanly EPR on throttel.Regards from Germany and mary christmas to all,Frank

Sign in to follow this