Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agrajag

Dash 8 Manual questions

The manual for the Dash 8 shows or refers to a few things that I can't figure out:1) EFIS is shown on page 11 but I can't find it on the centre console as noted.2) EHSI is noted as being on the centre console also but I'm not seeing it.3) Radio Tuning via the FMS says that you can tune any preset frequency (of the 4 there) by typing the number of the preset and hitting Enter. I can't make that work. If I point to 3 on the pad, it enters a 3 into the Active frequency field. I can't find any way to get the presets to become active.4) Using the Altitude Preset Controller, what is the proper procedure for getting the Autopilot to climb or descend to this setting? In other planes I fly, I don't have to bother with the Pitch Thumb Wheel. I set the level desired, ALT and the plane heads to that setting. Here ALT SEL is clearly the choice but hitting it usually then shows VS being set to some useless number. What am I doing wrong here?5) The features list says specifically that the Weather Radio displays dynamic Flight Simulator weather suggesting that it will show the actual weather being encountered. However, the manual says it display fake weather. If it is fake, shouldn't the features list on the website be changed?6) I can't seem to get the windshield wipers to operate though the features list says they do work.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

the panel comes in 2 versionsQ which includes EFISnon Q which doesn'tthis can be selected under model typepress TUNE on FMSclick COM 1click 2 on FMSclick eneterradar is based on FS weather, simulated in the FS environmenttutorials are provided at the Phoenix site on flying the Dash 8John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Thanks John.I just found the Q version. Thanks. I also own the US Airways livery from you. Can this be applied to the Q version as well?On weather, please note the manual I have says it's "fake weather" so if the manual wasn't updated, you may want to correct that.You didn't say anything about the windshield wipers. It's not a big deal. I'm just curious what the situation there is.

Sign in to follow this