Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

GFFX AA/AF quality Reviews...Got it wrong?

Guest PaulL01

For those interested in this latest card there is word just coming out that the images as captured for quality comparisons are not legit.Here is a quote:"The GeForceFX's technology applies filters that effect AntiAliasing and Anisotropic filtering after the frame has left the frame buffer. In short, this means that all of our screenshots do not accurately represent the true in-game visual quality that the GFFX can and will produce, as the screen shots were pulled from the frame buffer. We have come to conclusions about the GFFX IQ (Image Quality) that may be simply wrong." -See http://www.hardocp.com/index.html#6412-1Looks like the jury is back out...stay tuned...

Guest Stratus_Fractus

This is going to get interesting...

Hmmm... interesting.But it's not going to make the FX, quieter, faster than the 9700 by an appreciable margin, cheaper and smaller (as in only needing 1 slot) is it?

Guest Stratus_Fractus

That's true too, I'm definitely holding off on this one.

Me too Greg.I've been looking to upgrade my GF3 Ti 200 and I was sold on the FX based on the various "previews" and general hype which have surrounded it for the last few months, pre-release.After reading the early reviews, I'm going to hold off a while longer until I see what ATI have up their sleeve in the shape of the R350 and what happens to prices. I may end up opting for a 9700 Pro, which I could have bought months ago! :(

I'm in the same boat as most people. I was totally sold on the FX till I read some of the early reviews. Now I'm gonna wait to see what ATI comes out with. Most reviewers are implying it wont be to long till ATI debuts somethin'. I'm just gonna hang tight. If I'm gonna spend 400 bucks on something it better be more than worth it. Not just slightly more than comparable to something thats already been out for 6 months.

I'm now in "wait-and-see-mode" also. I have a 4200 on it's way back to me from an RMA swap. The plan was to sell it and go for the FX. But....gotta wait a while now. There's just too much uncertainty as to the performance. Maybe things will settle down some in the coming weeks as folks have a chance to play with them a bit. I agree that, for now, it looks like too much money for too little gain.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.