Sign in to follow this  
Dal 1

Climb out problem on A330

Hi All, I have set up my A330 and am able to rotate off the runway but within seconds i get the sinkrate warning and the airspeed drops off and she falls from the sky!I have tried all the usual things like a shallower rotate angle and checking my take off settings but nothing seems to correct the problem!Also one of the only times that i did get my bird cleanly into the cruise i had a slowly increasing nose up attitude which induced a stall!What is going on?What am i doing wrong?CheersDal

Guest mruane

Difficult to provide a meaningful response without other critical details like weight, fuel etc but when I had similar problems I rechecked the weight and fuel to make sure that I was not overweight and that I had the correct amount of stab trim. After that she left the ground cleanly and climbed as expected.I have my A330 configured with 8/36/206 passengers, 15,660 Baggage and zero cargo which gives ZFW of 340,610lbs and a mximum fuel of 267,590lbs if that fuel figure is not exceeded and the stab trim is as requested then it should leave the ground at the predicted VR speed.For me, the fuel was the critical thing. Its real easy to just "fill her up" and try to go...

Thanks Mike, It as a loading problem!Once i got that and the fuel sorted she takes to the air like a dreamCheers BuddyDal

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.