Sign in to follow this  
KevMac

ZFW problem with A330

Using the Phoenix version 1.01 Fuel planner program, if I put in 400nm for the trip distance, I get a ZFW of 330693 lbs. Also, I get a Total Fuel Load of 13154 lbs, and TOW of 343848 lbs. However, I always get a UNABLE CRUZ message when I put in a ZFW of 330.6 in 1R on the INIT page. It seems like it will only accept a ZFW that is less than 190 in most cases. If the MCDU doesn't accept 330 as the actual ZFW, then why is the fuel planner telling me to use such a high value? (although 330,000 plus sounds about right for ZFW on a A330.)Help appreciated.thanks!

Guest speight

Might help to ensure the flight plan is complete and no discontinuities before dentering the zfw, otherwise unable cruise will appear.

Guest Skywalker

The message doesn't derive from the weight entries. Reduce cruise altitude until the message disappears. It seems that with the given flightplan the top of descent(TOD) would be reached before the top of climb. (TOC)Rgds, Sam

>The message doesn't derive from the weight entries. Reduce>cruise altitude until the message disappears. It seems that>with the given flightplan the top of descent(TOD) would be>reached before the top of climb. (TOC)>>Rgds, >SamThanks for the help guys. I will try and see if reducing only the cruise altitude alone will solve my problem.-Kev

Guest mruane

Sounds to me like you have one thing operating in Kilograms and the other in Pounds. Check the Units menu on the A330 Load Editor.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.